Thinking of you all

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
You've been missed too.

It's been a trip. The conversion was difficult, and expensive, but the consultant did a great job. Then things were delayed because my mom broke her hip; she's in her late 90s. This was a big deal, especially during COVID-19. Then we had additional attempts at DDOS and brute force logins on the new server, and I had to move again; just yesterday.

So yeah, things are rocky, but I'm looking forward to having y'all back.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hope your mum is on the mend now. It's lovely to have the boards almost back :)

Reactions: AW Admin

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
She's hanging in there, but I can't leave the apartment, which is wearing a little thin.

• Hug
Reactions: Snitchcat

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, honey - that's hard for everyone. Sending love.

Reactions: AW Admin

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been hoping for the best, Admin! Sending love as well.

Reactions: MaeZe

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:

Hi everyone. So wonderful to see old friends. Sorry things are not better yet Lisa, but glad they aren't crumbling around you.

Things are looking up here. A good number of us are vaccinated. Spring has sprung. Quarantine is easing off. I actually got to visit my son without masks and with hugs! Dump's been voted out.

My novel has been polished and repolished, it's ready to send out as soon as I get that annoying query and synopsis done but I have a much better idea how to do those now. And yay! critique meeting in person is going to start up again next Wed: masks, vaccinations but in-person, together, no zoom!!!

What a long strange trip it's been.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am so glad to be back. I had no idea I'd miss the forums and the AW community so much. I'm so grateful to Lisa for getting us back, and for all her hard work over the past year. (Sending healing wishes to your mom and a big virtual hug to you, Lisa.)

::heaves a big sigh of relief and gratitude::

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
Glad to be back as well. I hope we haven't lost anyone to COVID, but probability being what it is, I'd sadly assume we have.

Lisa, my best to you and your mom. Wish I could do more from here to help.

Reactions: AW Admin and MaeZe

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I am so glad to be back. I had no idea I'd miss the forums and the AW community so much. I'm so grateful to Lisa for getting us back, and for all her hard work over the past year. (Sending healing wishes to your mom and a big virtual hug to you, Lisa.)

::heaves a big sigh of relief and gratitude::
Thanks much. Really wonderful to have y'all back.

But now we want fox pictures.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy for AW to be back. I haven’t posted much over the past decade because I was writing on an extremely irregular basis for various reasons. I would often go months or years without writing (or even reading) anything, let alone finishing anything. This spring I started both reading and writing almost every day. I’ve already finished and submitted a few pieces I wrote this year. I also completed and submitted some stories based on short fragments left over from my last burst of creativity 4-5 years ago. And so I was frankly devastated that I couldn’t participate in the community that essentially saved my life as a teenager, just when I felt like I deserved to participate since I’m actually a writer again.

Thanks for all your hard work, Lisa, and best wishes for your mom.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Good to have you back Alan, and congrats on writing!

TellMeAStory

Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere between earnest application and gleeful
Very, very happy to be back. Thank you muchly, hamsters et al.

I've been writing like a sonofagun. Volume #1 is, for the umpteenth time, destroyed and under reconstruction. #2 is pretty good, I think, but under writers' group scrutiny. #3, I like, and #4 is close-ish to being done (assuming another writers' group doesn't find what writers' groups are supposed to find). I've published one short and won one contest, but it's a third prize, and to win it, I had to sign a contract, meaning that story will never see the light of publication. Warning, boys and girls, if you enter a contest, make sure the rules say ALL winners will be published.

And did I say how very glad I am to see you all back on AW?

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
This has been a terrible time to be disconnected from AW, which has been such a huge part of my life for almost 2 decades.

Miss you all and cannot wait until all is back up and running.
I have missed everyone for quite some time. With FB down today, I thought that now is a good time to get back into AW and have quality conversations that are meant to be going somewhere. Even if it is in the Water Cooler. I hope you are well!

Reactions: MaeZe and mrsmig