• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Writers' Bridge (Gail & Darrell Laurant)

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
paprikapink2.blogspot.com
The Writers' Bridge, a writers' co-op.....anyone have any experience with them? I read about their contest in a respected writers' newsletter (ahem) and got interested in knowing more.

I searched high and low and found next to nothing nowhere about them.

Leyla

Registered
Reaction score
I would guess why you didn't find anything is because I think their a private group. And to get in has to be by membership. Just e-mail them and ask for information.

HapiSofi

Hagiographically Advantaged
Registered
Reaction score
I don't see what's so private about them. Paprika's link goes to their explain-all website. Here's the page on how they supposedly work.

What are they really? Take your pick:
___ A busywork project for writers who are avoiding writing.

___ A bunch of misguided souls who don't realize that they've reinvented the literary agency. (As has been said before on the internet, the problem isn't that they're reinventing the wheel; it's that they're arguing about whether it should have three corners or four.)

___ Doomed. They think editing is a grammar and spelling check. They think their "idea bank" is a valuable resource. They have no mechanism for tracking sales and payments, but they think authors are going to reliably remit 20% of their sales in repayment for WB's rudimentary editing and agenting.
Check all the answers that seem applicable.

Hanukkah sameach!

Gold menorah and on a gradiated purple background