• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Unter Agency (Jennifer Unter)

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

chimita

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.monicabw.com
I sent a query today and received this:

Thank you for your query. I have received it and will be in touch if I am interested in pursuing your work.

honoluluwriter

Registered
Reaction score
I received a rejection yesterday after 5 months. I had checked in with her a couple times during that time period and she was always quickly responsive and polite. Her rejection was also very polite. I think anyone who gets a chance to work with her is lucky!

mjak

Registered
Reaction score
Queried on 9/22 and got the standard autoreply today, so at least I know it got there. :) Will sit back and wait now.
Good luck, Kelley! For me it was almost one month to the day from query to request.

mjak

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you! :D Good luck on yours, too! I hope you hear from her soon.
Well, after going back and forth with Jennifer for a few weeks and making some revisions at her request, she just wasn't in love enough with my book and passed. Oh well, onward and upward! She seems very professional, so hopefully you will have better luck!

Procrastinista

Registered
Reaction score
About ten days ago, Jennifer offered to represent me!

Another agent also threw her hat in the ring, but after interviewing both agents and their clients, Jennifer was definitely the better fit for me.

Prior to Jennifer's offer, she requested two R&Rs. Throughout the process, she was professional, clear, and speedy in her communication, only taking one month each time she read a revision.

Last Friday I accepted Jennifer's offer. So I now have an agent!

SpecialK74

Registered
Reaction score
About ten days ago, Jennifer offered to represent me!

Another agent also threw her hat in the ring, but after interviewing both agents and their clients, Jennifer was definitely the better fit for me.

Prior to Jennifer's offer, she requested two R&Rs. Throughout the process, she was professional, clear, and speedy in her communication, only taking one month each time she read a revision.

Last Friday I accepted Jennifer's offer. So I now have an agent!

Congrats Procrastinista :) Just wondering your genre? I sent a query a few weeks ago and still have not heard anything.

Procrastinista

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Procrastinista :) Just wondering your genre? I sent a query a few weeks ago and still have not heard anything.

Middle grade. A horror/adventure story. But Jennifer has a pretty eclectic list.

The one time I had a long wait was Jennifer's initial response to my query: four months. But the weird thing is that at the bottom of our thread of e-mails, it shows that Jennifer responded to my query on the day she received it.

As you know, to submit to her, you enter your query at her website. So, maybe there was a glitch, delaying her receipt of my query. Or maybe the date shown only reveals when Jennifer opened the query, not when she received it.

Like I said, all other responses were quick. Jennifer responded to all of my follow-up questions regarding submissions and R&Rs within 24 hours, and I wasn't even her client yet.

tanstaafl8

Registered
Reaction score
Just got a request for a full from Jennifer. I queried her on 7/28 and got her standard auto-reponse that she'd received it & wld let me know if she was interested, etc.

When I sent everything off to her this morning, she acknowledged receipt and also told me to be aware that she was running approximately two months behind on submissions, just FYI.

mjak

Registered
Reaction score
Got a request for full from Jennifer on 9/26. She confirmed that she received it and said she is working about 8 weeks out.

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Sept. 13, five weeks ago. Should I have heard back by now or is she eight weeks behind on queries as well?

CharleyGirl

Glad to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fallingleaflets.blogspot.com
Got my rejection yesterday. She liked the writing and plot, but a couple of the characters read like caricatures for her. She did encourage me to send her future work, which is nice. She'd had the partial manuscript since 9/15, full since 10/5. Best of luck to anybody waiting!

shaunta

Registered
Reaction score
I had a request for a partial from Jennifer today, and she's still sending follow up emails that state she's working 8 weeks behind on submissions. Everything I have is crossed. I think she'd be awesome to work with.

Wizera

MG/YA Author and Playwright
Registered
Reaction score
Polite, personalized rejection this morning.

Alas!