The People Who Brought You This Board

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Heh, keep this up and you may just guilt me into contributing. In the meantime, much thanks to those who have! :Thumbs:

Liam Jackson

Heathen Horde Elder
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mac has head lice???

Bhwwawawa!!

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
!?! Nice sig, Lisa...:Wha:

errr.....is this all because I kicked your butt in our last writing challenge?

SRHowen

Erotica is not a four letter word!
Registered
Reaction score
I just put in from paypal--it will come through under my hubby's name, but I am sure you will recognize the last name. What's the difference between the $5 or $10 and the $20, other than the market listing thingy?

Bio--On the other board--a year? Are you sure you aren't referring to EZ supporter?

Shawn

Kate Nepveu

Vacuumer of Cats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.steelypips.org
JennaGlatzer said:
I just wanted to give two options-- there wasn't a way for me to leave the amount unspecified so people could donate whatever they wanted. I figured most people would either donate $5 or $10, so that's what I set it for.
Okay, thanks for the information.

rtilryarms

Crossbows and Handgonnes
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
[email protected]

Hmmm,

How does this work. Are you saying we need a paypal account?

Gosh I think I have one, I keep ebay in business. Just have to remember how to work it.

I'm in

SRHowen

Registered
Reaction score
Once you get to paypal you have the option of using a credit card--you have type in the little letters to prevent bots from using it--I can't do that can't tell the letters in that weird whatchacallit. But I have paypal.

Shawn

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Bio

Yep, unfortunately, I think you're talking about ezSupporter. When you pay for that, it eliminates the pop-up ads and other such ugliness for you whenever you visit an ezBoard. It doesn't actually go towards the particular board you're visiting, though. We were able to pay up through about Feb. 20th on the old board, then that board was going to be full of pop-ups, pop-unders, nasty stuff. Was too expensive to renew, so we're over here on our own server now.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
If you don't have PayPal

We gladly take checks/money orders, if you don't like online payments.

[font=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]Absolute Write
P.O. Box 93273
Rochester, NY 14692

Again, just please make sure to write your board username (so I know to credit you with a Benefactor membership) and note that it's a donation towards the forums.

Thanks! I'm so happy that so many of you have contributed. It really helps-- and makes me feel great to know that the Water Cooler means that much to you. :kiss:
[/font]

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the info... I just assumed the money was for the site not ezboard... my mistake...
thanks for the address I will have something in the mail to you soon....

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I also paid ... like 2 days before the move.....did you get to take it with you?....

Let me know.....i will kick someones' butt if they took it and screwed you....(is it ok to say screwed in here?)....:Ssh:

I Love you guys.....................~~~~~~~~Wendy~~~~~~~~
:Jump:

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Right Arm!!

checks/money orders, if you don't like online payments
Perfect! In US funds, of course. A little something will be on the way as soon as my tax refund comes in. Should be here in a couple of weeks.

miles111

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
re: If you don't have PayPal

Thanks for posting your address, I'd prefer to send a check. I'll get one off in a few days.

I don't care for the subscription model. I'd rather make donations on my own time table. The "Gold Level" and Platinum Level" used by some sites is a major turn off, imo.

Your new board is beautiful. Brighter, easier on the eyes.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Miles

>>I'd rather make donations on my own time table.

Totally agree with you. The "subscription" form made me put in certain pre-defined values (payment increments, # of days for the subscription, etc.), but it really doesn't mean anything. Anyone who donates any amount gets the same benefits (except those who opt for the Premium Edition + donation).

Those benefits are--

You get to have 50 saved messages in your private message box instead of 25
You get to have a custom title and avatar immediately instead of waiting until you have 50 posts behind you
You can post events on the calendar
You get message tracking in your PMs, though I don't yet understand what that means :cool:
Still trying to see if I can offer other benefits, too.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Custom Title?

JennaGlatzer said:
>>I'd rather make donations on my own time table.

Totally agree with you. The "subscription" form made me put in certain pre-defined values (payment increments, # of days for the subscription, etc.), but it really doesn't mean anything. Anyone who donates any amount gets the same benefits (except those who opt for the Premium Edition + donation).

Those benefits are--

You get to have a custom title and avatar immediately instead of waiting until you have 50 posts behind you
You get message tracking in your PMs, though I don't yet understand what that means :cool:

I kind of like the benefactor title, but if I wanted a custom one, how would I request it?

oops sorry, one more question -- does the subscription function remind one that their 90 days is up?

Last edited:

SRHowen

Registered
Reaction score
Question, my own EZ board is good for another 11 months, but this one does have some good features--how much control do you have over backgrounds and such. I set up a custom area for each writer in my group, their own colors and wallpapers and such--can you do that here? Private forums?

Shawn

Renee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneebagley.com
Hey thanks Jenna for the information on making a donation without using Paypal. Expect something from me soon! AW rocks!

bikrpreacher

Banned
Reaction score
I'll send a check soon too.

Renee, just saw your website, very nice! You are talented and I know you will go far!

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
reph said:
About how much does it cost, total, to stay free of popups and whatever other curses are visited on nonpaying boards? I'm trying to get at what each person's fair share would be.

There should be no popups whatsoever on this site unless specified by Jenna heself (ie. sell ad space, popup polls or surverys, etc)... this space is hers to use as she will barring bandwidth overages and any extra services she might require that aren't included in her service.

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net

You get message tracking in your PMs, though I don't yet understand what that means :cool: This helps the sender of a PM know that a PM has been read or not. Also you can ask for email notifications when a reply has been sent. Incidentally, this is time you'll get a popup. If you are on the board when a PM comes through, you may see a popup notifying you of the event.

There are 'hacks' for stores and other features that can be added. I don't believe this board or any other I know of has those in the modules by default but they aren't that hard to add if you want. Stores take what is called forum $$ to purchase extra features on your memberships such as different color Username font, change username, adding a glow, and so forth... plus you can add any services you want to add that you might think will benefit the board.

You can also install a php chat as a module. I'm not very fond of php chats myself but perhaps they have improved somewhat since last year. I thought they were clunky and slow to refresh but some people don't mind them at all.

Basically, as long as you have the webspace and bandwidth you can do just anything you want with this site... within your terms of service for the hosting, of course.

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
rtilryarms said:
Hmmm,

How does this work. Are you saying we need a paypal account?

Gosh I think I have one, I keep ebay in business. Just have to remember how to work it.

I'm in

Paypal used to be set up to require an account but you don't have to have an account anymore.

Featured Book