The NEW AW Photography Thread

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
There was another Photography thread here, but it's kind of dated, so rather than resurrect one that's kind of dated, figured it may be time to start a new one.

To start things off, a little pf my own backstory:

As an enthusiast and semi-pro photographer for many eons, I've both seen and participated in the evolution from film to digital cameras. I started with a Vivitar 110 back in the day before migrating to my first SLR - a Pentax K1000SE, and finally to digital where I've been a Canon shooter for nearly 20 years. (Currently on a semi-dated 70D having already sold off my pro body - the 1DSMark IV).

My B-I-L just sold all his Canon SLR gear and is jumping into the mirrorless market with a Sony. I feel like I've lost my compatriot :(

I've got about 20 years of digital negatives collecting dust, and am currently resurrecting my photo library from an epic SAN failure, but in the meantime am getting back into things with a backyard of birds that are screaming "look at how gorgeous I am - shoot photos of me!" So, I happily have complied during the whole covid epidemic. Suffice to say, the itch has resurrected some fun photos already.

Anyone else into photography that wants to trade stories, chat about gear and maybe share a photo or few (pending permission from mods naturally)?