The Mindful Gratitude Thread

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Registered
Reaction score
I’m grateful it’s not snowing today.

I won’t be able to say that tomorrow. 😔

Davy The First

Registered
Reaction score
Immensely grateful I finally got some milk delivered (living remote at mo), albeit through unconventional means. Can't exist/ write without my cuppa. Can't have a cuppa without milk. Ipso Dipso Facto Smacto

BKjohnsen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bkjohnsen.com
I love this. I try to start each day with gratitude to help calm the mind, but why not post on here as well and double up on the gratitude gravy train?

I'm grateful for my wife, my life, and for being able to live in Japan for the past half-decade. I never thought that would have ever happened.

I'm grateful I found this place and this thread, cause posting positive gratitude stuff constantly is never a bad thing.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
I'm grateful this week that I stumbled upon a blog post someone wrote about a story I'd been serial posting a while back. It's been a really long time since I posted an installment--and the blog was from a long time ago--but it said she'd been talking to friends about it and they were all excited. It was really special to see total strangers, even just four, really excited about me writing something. I haven't written in ages, but after seeing that, I'm trying really hard to get back at it. It was a real confidence booster.

DigitalScript

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.quiet.ly
I am grateful that I have coffee this morning. I have been away from Canada for years now and haven't seen a snowfall in as long. I miss the cold, crisp air of a -20 C day in my lungs... and while the coffee is not a supplement, it helps all the same.

Reactions: MaeZe and heza

heza

Registered
Reaction score
Today, I am grateful that our kitty seems to be feeling well enough that we felt safe to cancel his ultrasound (which would have been traumatic for him). After two weeks of having no idea what was wrong, he seems to be finally on the mend.

Autumn Leaves

Registered
Reaction score
I'm grateful for the lovely, cozy Christmas I've had this year (no, I haven't mixed up dates that much, it's just the Julian calendar that we use and that has Christmas on the 7th of January). I was able to go to church both on Christmas Eve and in the morning, and I got to spend two days with my father, which is now, since my parents separated and I'm only living with my grandmother, a rarity.

I spent the previous Christmas in locked-down England, so I particularly missed the Russian Christmas carols - it was such a delight to hear them live again.

Holly Green

bug-magnet
Registered
Reaction score
Website
pinholesinthesky.blogspot.com
I'm grateful this week that I stumbled upon a blog post someone wrote about a story I'd been serial posting a while back.
Lovely to hear this. It makes all the difference, doesn't it. Hope you have taken a screenshot.

I had a similar experience years ago. A page in a foreign language kept coming up in Google search. I assumed it was just another one of the many scam sites offering illegal pdfs of my book.

After months of ignoring it, I realised I could copy a snippet of the txt without clicking on the link. I plugged it into Google translate and discovered, to my utter joy, it was a review, in Polish! Their words were priceless--they meant my words had achieved what I had hoped they would. A very timely voice of encouragement.

Thanks for reminding me that someone in Poland liked my book. (Now where did I put that screenshot...)

And I hope kitty continues to improve.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I see mod @CaoPaux is hard at work updating the BR&BC threads. I am so grateful for that AW subforum, and for CaoPaux's dedication to keeping it current.

Last edited:

BKjohnsen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bkjohnsen.com
Reactions: mccardey

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com

RunForPresentense

Registered
Reaction score
I’m grateful for books about writing. There’s a big yellow tome I’ve been carting around my apartment like a security blanket for a few weeks and it’s all dog eared and many-bookmarked, and marked-in, and much loved.

• Love
Reactions: MaeZe and mccardey

Alina's Universe

Registered
Reaction score
I'm grateful for finally seeing my friends and family (and my cat who's nearly 15 years old, but stayed strong for me) after being stuck in another country for more than 2 years due to the pandemic. I'm also grateful for finding this forum and all the kind people here.

Also, so so grateful for snow. I can't even express how I missed snow.

SusanStar

Registered
Reaction score
I'm grateful for the kind gentleman that helped me finish off shoveling the rest of the driveway.

It's just my mom and me in our home and with my mom having a bad back and me and my asthma, shoveling can be a very daunting task. But! I got us a new shovel that would make shoveling without the snowblower go a bit easier. However, easier does not equate to being invincible and I was pushing myself into having an asthma attack just to get the driveway done.

Someone noticed this and offered to finish the rest of the driveway for us. We didn't have anything to offer him but he insisted that he at least make it so our cars can get out. My lungs and heart are immensely grateful that there are still kind, neighborly people around to lend a helping hand.

mrsmig

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
After years of adamantly refusing to even entertain the idea of moving from her house where she's been living alone since my dad's death in 2000, my mother has FINALLY agreed to go into assisted living - just shy of her 101st birthday.

Her mind is sharp as ever, but her body is failing, and she's very frail. I am so, so happy and relieved and grateful that she's realized she can't "do" for herself anymore, and I can't wait to see her ensconced in the beautiful place we've found for her.

Last edited:

mccardey

wear a mask
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
After years of adamantly refusing to even entertain the idea of moving from her house where she's been living alone since my dad's death in 2000, my mother has FINALLY agreed to go into assisted living - just shy of her 101st birthday.

Her mind is sharp as ever, but her body is failing, and she's very frail. I am so, so happy and relieved and grateful that she's realized she can't "do" for herself anymore, and I can't wait to see her ensconced in the beautiful place we've found for her.
I'm so very happy to hear that. Thank you for sharing it with us. (I think what I love most is that she stayed out for 101 years - though it must have been pretty worrisome for you, lately.) They will love her, in her new home. I think you're all very lucky to have each other.

ETA: When my darling mother-in-law began a slow drift into confusion, she used to tell us every time we visited This is the best resort I've ever stayed in. The staff are so kind!

Last edited:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

My grandmother, (long since gone), broke her hip and ended up in a nursing home. Much as she often complained, when we'd visit she'd happily introduce us to all the friends she'd made there.

mrsmig

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My grandmother, (long since gone), broke her hip and ended up in a nursing home. Much as she often complained, when we'd visit she'd happily introduce us to all the friends she'd made there.
Mom has a sweet one bedroom apartment, with a nice little kitchen (no stove, thank goodness - she caught her sleeve on fire two years back), an accessible bathroom, lovely dining room and other facilities, transportation to doctor's appointments, and people to help her 24/7. She actually sounded excited about it when I talked to her today. So, so glad.

Elizabeth George's book Write Away