The Mindful Gratitude Thread

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Mac!

Me, after anticipated Xmas feasting, wishing you and everyone else here equally enormous good cheer.

96-968827_snoopy-christmas-png-snoopy-wearing-a-scarf-transparent.png

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was thinking that, this time last year, the forums were about to have a disastrous outtage that lasted months. The software was archaic and slow, the server was creaky and ill, and the site was nearly unusable.

I'm profoundly grateful that the community stuck it out, and we find ourselves here, now. I'm indescribably grateful for @AW Admin , who did all the heavy-lifting in terms of researching software, finding a MUCH better server host, and all manner of other technical improvements.
Definitely this! None of this progress had to happen, much less the efforts put forth by the volunteers, or those who stuck out the outage and returned. I'm sure there were many temptations all around to just give it up and move on with our lives. Thank you for sticking with it!

I'm also grateful for the rush of folks who haven't been active in years coming back once the forum was back, as well as the excellent crop of new faces.

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Got a phone call this morning while I was meditating from the dentist Mr. Siri is going to see about a possible root canal. It was just to confirm the appointment on Monday. But...we're expecting snow here starting maybe this weekend, and Mr. Siri and I live 1000 feet up, which means light snow in the flats can mean heavy snowed-in conditions where we live.

So I told the receptionist/scheduler we had no idea what would happen due to our situation. And I told her that Mr. Siri was actually thinking of walking the 6+ miles to get to that appointment. (I'd tried to suggest gently that that wasn't wise, but he wasn't listening.) She gasped and said, "Please, NO! Please tell him not to do that." And yeah, they were fine about rescheduling on short notice if the weather up here prohibits movement.

So I told Mr. Siri this little story, and he got a sheepish look. And I think he's going to behave himself and stay here if he can't get to appointment.

Yes, I'm grateful!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Mac, I'm grateful for the beautiful illuminated initial you chose as the Christmas ornament for the sidebar today. Thank you!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Reactions: mrsmig

TeresaRose

Registered
Reaction score
So grateful for my heating today. It's a white Christmas season (last one - 2008) in the Vancouver, B.C. area, with an arctic temp of MINUS 7! Well below the average, which would be around 4-ish degrees Celsius. And i'm ESPECIALLY GRATEFUL for getting to see a black bear! I thought they were hibernating. While watching a movie, one passed by right outside my glass patio door (20 ft. away).

Unimportant

I got a Sisyphus point!!!!!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fans. I am so, so grateful for electric fans. It got up to 90 F yesterday and will be hotter today. Having all the doors and windows open is good, but a couple of fans to pull air in from the shady side of the house is great.

Also, sun-ripe heritage tomatoes. Bloody awesome.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I really appreciate the members here. People have been so patient with the move to the new server and with getting things sorted on a completely new and very different forum software with multiple layers of security.

It really has made my job much easier. I hope we all have a fabulous and healthy 2022 with many good books and good deeds.

Last edited:

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Registered
Reaction score
People have been so patient with the move to the new server and with getting things sorted on a completely new and very different forum software with multiple layers of security.
Please allow me to wordsmith that?

”People have been in awe of how much you did for us, as we stood by watching, and now get to enjoy all your hard work.”

K Dough

Registered
Reaction score
Now this is a thread I need, because I've been pitying myself lately, and that's no good!

Things I'm currently grateful for:

I have both of my parents still, and can still foster great memories with them both (and I have a good relationship with them).

I am in relatively decent/good health. I stopped watching my weight, but I still feel good.
I have no illnesses or ailments, no pains of any kind physically. :D

I'm glad I can get back into writing at anytime (I am not overwhelmed with commitments).

I'm thankful that I don't have any negative people in my life right now. :)

NicciFletcher

Registered
Reaction score
I am grateful for ICE and having lots of it. I trapped a nerve in my back and hip just before Christmas so ICE packs have become a priority in my life at the moment. I've also grateful to Messers Amazon and DHL who delivered my taptop bed desk two days earlier than predicted. It means I can still write/type as sitting at my desk is not possible at the moment. Turning lemons into lemonade here!

Unimportant

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Now this is a thread I need, because I've been pitying myself lately, and that's no good!

Things I'm currently grateful for:

I have both of my parents still, and can still foster great memories with them both (and I have a good relationship with them).

I am in relatively decent/good health. I stopped watching my weight, but I still feel good.
I have no illnesses or ailments, no pains of any kind physically. :D

I'm glad I can get back into writing at anytime (I am not overwhelmed with commitments).

I'm thankful that I don't have any negative people in my life right now. :)
Crikey. I want to be you 😚

Reactions: K Dough

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm relishing the afterglow from having a nice, no masks, plenty of hugs visit with my son and DIL today.

Sometimes you just can't deal with that two-year long isolation with few visits including mask wearing. This is the second time I've seen my son without masks and just when it looked like that much would be okay, the stupid omicron variant took off like a fire storm.

It was a wonderful visit. :e2cloud9:

RunForPresentense

Registered
Reaction score
Gosh, so grateful for coffee. My relationship with coffee is probably my most consistent, and possibly my longest relationship too, since I started stealing sips from my Dad’s mug when I was 4 or 5.
I saw a T-shirt that said ’Save the Earth— it’s the only place that has coffee’ and I’m ashamed to admit this hit me harder than a lot of other, way more real and urgent environmental alerts.
On that note 0.o *slurp* have a good one y’all.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Love that tee-shirt. I drank tons of coffee in college. One of my favorite coffee shops is on campus, it's like being in an old mansion from a long time ago, big fireplace, lots of wood trim and that echo-y sound old buildings make when you walk in them.

And when I was in Colorado I picked up the habit of drinking divine espresso from some good friends who themselves picked it up in Florida. I still have my espresso pot.

But I quit drinking it when I was pregnant. Now I drink mostly decaf with a little bit of dark roast regular thrown in to try, mostly unsuccessfully, to add some flavor back.

CWNitz

Registered
Reaction score
Today, I'm grateful for our healthcare system. There's a genetic cancer in my family which killed my grandma. This means I need to do an MRI every year. It's an inconvenience, but nothing more--it only costs 35 euros, and it's fast and painless. Walking back home, I was whining about having to take half a day off for this, and then I remembered how lucky I am that half a day is all it costs me.

RunForPresentense

Registered
Reaction score
I genuinely can’t fathom the decaf only life, though I admit I drink decaf if I want a treat after 2pm.

I will pile on and say I’m grateful for Scrivener. Love them sweet sweet versions tools!

Healthcare is also a super one, but now I’m just plainly a copy cat haha. Seriously glad you have good affordable care, though!

Today I’m grateful for this productivity tool I’m trying out this year instead of my tried and true 5-year habit of goal setting, planning and tracking. It’s called the Success Journal and it incorporates a values and long term life vision exercise, coupled with quick daily prompts that help me really tune in to my why’s and become aware of my negative beliefs. It’s a very crystallizing tool so far for me—two weeks in. Let ya know how it goes :)

oneblindmouse

The new me
Registered
Reaction score
Today I'm grateful for the plumber who came this morning, despite it's being a bank holiday here,(day of the Three Kings), and turned off the mains in the flat above, thereby putting a stop to the 15 hours' downpour in the cupboard in my spare bedroom. We now have to wait for the upstairs neighbour (who doesn't live here) to arrange for fixing the burst pipe in his flat, and getting his insurance people to assess the damage done to my property (newly-painted wooden panelling oozing water), which I fear will take months. I keep telling myself it could have been worse.

Unimportant

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm extremely grateful it's cooled off today so that I can actually do stuff like mow the lawn and bake stuff in the oven.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Grateful that peace has settled on our home after the craziness of the holidays. Also grateful for technology. While I wait for a Covid test result, I am thankful for vaccines that make this a mild infection rather than a horrific one if this is Covid.