The List of Writers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphabet

Aspiring Inspirer
Registered
Reaction score
When I participated in an anthology to benefit 9/11 families, the pieces that weren't *quite right* for the book were supposed to be posted on the website. I don't think it ever actually was done, but it was a nice idea, because as Jenna mentioned many pieces weren't rejected due to quality but for "fit."

I don't think pieces that don't fit the theme should be posted on the website because people may go there to see what might be in the book, and then might not buy the book thinking that the pieces on the website were intended to reflect the theme of the anthology!

As we knew so well, but are seeing played out for real now, writing is just one tiny part of what makes a book, and an even smaller part of what makes a book sell. Jenna, I wonder whether anyone whose work didn't get put into the book, but whose efforts help to publicise it could have a mention of thanks on the website?

mrs75

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mistisandefur.com
I too am honored to be a part of this anthology. Thank you Mac, Janet, and Jenna for accepting my piece, and for the wonderful comments. Janet, I especially thank you for making my piece shine a little brighter :Hug2:

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
I've been traveling a bit and trying to set up a new computer so I'm chiming in late here.

Count me among the "pleased and honoured" to be associated with such a fine and talented group. I'm really looking forward to reading everybody's contribution.

Charlie, you're welcome to one of my patented (albeit belated) ultra-macho, non-girly-man hugs - wherein we do not actually touch. ;)

Kim Gogo

Lady of the North
Registered
Reaction score
aka eraser said:
Charlie, you're welcome to one of my patented (albeit belated) ultra-macho, non-girly-man hugs - wherein we do not actually touch. ;)

:ROFL:

kim

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am touched, Frank. However, some might consider that a medical diagnosis.
pi_bigsmile.gif

Oh, just wanted to let you all know we Canadians in the anthology are hard at work refining our marketing plan....

3.gif
19.gif
5.GIF
23.gif

Last edited:

biotales

Registered
Reaction score
ChunkyC said:
I am touched, Frank. However, some might consider that a medical diagnosis.
pi_bigsmile.gif

Oh, just wanted to let you all know we Canadians in the anthology are hard at work refining our marketing plan....

3.gif
19.gif
5.GIF
23.gif

:ROFL: Hey you should be here in Nashville.... it is party central... errrrr I mean.. planning central.....
:kiss:

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so proud to be part of such a wonderful and worthwhile project with so many talented authors. Thanks so much, Jenna, etc. for doing this and letting me a part of it. Most appreciated. You all rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.