• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Fleck Agency (formerly Professional Media Services) (Robert Fleck)

TMack

Registered
Reaction score
This agent requested my ms. I did research before submitting, and all was above board. I just don't want to leave any stones unturned. Has anyone worked with him, or know him?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
He's well thought of in Horror circles, FWIW. Most sales are to White Wolf, Lone Wolf, Leisure, etc., which are respectable if not huge.

SK Kane

Registered
Reaction score
Any more recent information about him? I just got a request for a partial from him. I'm waiting out a two week exclusive at the moment, so I figured I'd ask you folks what's what.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
PM page is claiming to be "members only" now, but caches are available (wasn't much on it besides his bio and email). Still racking up sales to WOTC and the like.

J. R. Tomlin

Banned
Reaction score
If you're interested in working with WotC (not easy to do) this might be a good person to have as an agent.

From his PM page:

MOST RECENT SALES/ FORTHCOMING BOOKS

THE MAN ON THE CEILING by Melanie Tem and Steve Rasnic Tem (Wizards of the Coast Discoveries, March 2008)
FIREFLY RAIN by Richard Dansky (Wizards of the Coast Discoveries, January 2008)

AC Crispin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.accrispin.com
I met him at the SFWA New York Reception in November a year or so ago. Seemed like a nice young man, very presentable. We chatted pleasantly for several minutes. Of course I wasn't looking for an agent, so I didn't ask him about his track record, but he seemed knowledgeable about the field.

If that's any help.

-Ann C. Crispin

Salaris

Fantasy Writer and Game Designer
Registered
Reaction score
Mr. Fleck requested my partial back in November. He was very polite and indicated a one month response time. Sadly, I still haven't heard back from him. Has anyone else communicated with Mr. Fleck recently? I suppose he could just be on vacation for the holidays.

AlterEgox5

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
abooksellerblog.blogspot.com
I can't believe I haven't posted to this thread yet.

I queried Mr. Fleck (introduced to him through another author who has him as an agent) 7/2/09 and sat back to wait. On the back of his business card it says:

Please be patient. Responses take anywhere from two weeks to two months.

I ended up giving him three months (10/15/09) before I contacted him to ask about the status of my query. He replied very politely and apologized and said that he thought he'd already responded (it was an R) and suggested another agency that might be a better fit for my novel. Very professional. I'd definitely query him again in the future.

Since he said he'd get back to you in a month on your partial Salaris, I say give him a jingle. Who knows? Maybe he thought he already responded. :)

Last edited:

Salaris

Registered
Reaction score
I sent a follow-up a couple weeks ago (right after Christmas), so I'd rather not bother him again for a while at least. He does seem very professional; I'm probably just being impatient. I'll try again if he doesn't reply in a month or two. Thanks!

Salaris

Registered
Reaction score
I received a professional, personalized rejection letter today. He gave me some good advice on who else to submit to and indicated that he was too busy to take on many new clients. Overall, I thought he came across as very professional in spite of the delay.

ILSinTexas

requiescat in pace
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I just queried him based on his Publishers Marketplace page.

We'll see what comes of it -- or, not.

JamesRobertSmith

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamesrobertsmith.net
Robert L. Fleck

Bob Fleck is my agent. He's great.:Sun: He pitched and sold a two-book deal for me to Tor Books.:D (The first of the two books is out in November.) He also negotiated my movie deal with Warner Brothers for the option of my first novel.:hooray: I know that he currently has a relatively large client list but if you can sign with him you've got an excellent agent.

Jamiekswriter

USA Today Bestselling Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jkschmidt.com
Wow James, that's awesome!! He's got my query since 7/12/10. I've got my fingers crossed.

Salaris

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Robert Fleck recently? I queried him a while back and it said his e-mail box was full. He seems to have an active twitter account, but I haven't found an e-mail address associated with it, or any sort of literary agency website for him.

RLTDavis

Who moved my cheese?
Registered
Reaction score
I received this response from Robert last week:

"Due to the passing of owner and founder Janet Berliner-Gluckman, Professional Media Services will not be taking on new clients for the foreseeable future. Notices will be made when that changes."

I've seen comments on querytracker stating the same. :(