The Expat/Emigrant Lounge

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

V.S.Chadwick

Earthbound misfit
Registered
Reaction score
Originally from Switzerland...

My parents are from Switzerland. I was born in Canada, but have been back to the old country to visit the land of my roots, and I love the history - the castles, the old buildings, the ancient city walls! It stirs my soul.

By the way, I love your username!

LisaR

Registered
Reaction score
I am from Canada, born and raised just east of the Rocky Mountains. I moved to England to be with the love of my life. I love it here, the architecture and history are stunning, and the weather is perfect. I miss my family.

angelisa fontaine-wood

Registered
Reaction score
Website
angelisawood.blogspot.com
Hi, Newbie here,

I moved from the swamps of North Florida to Paris in 1993, after graduating college. Which means I have lived here for more than half my life, which is mind boggling when I take the time to reflect. I live now in a smaller town just on the petticoats of the city proper. I think I'm happy here but wish I could move out to the country. If I had to say one thing I love about France it's that they're very quick with a Champagne bottle. If I miss one thing, it's simple friendliness.

Reactions: MimiG

MimiG

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Newbie here,

I moved from the swamps of North Florida to Paris in 1993, after graduating college. Which means I have lived here for more than half my life, which is mind boggling when I take the time to reflect. I live now in a smaller town just on the petticoats of the city proper. I think I'm happy here but wish I could move out to the country. If I had to say one thing I love about France it's that they're very quick with a Champagne bottle. If I miss one thing, it's simple friendliness.
You have to get out of the city for that, I find. I am an American and I live in a very rural area in the south of Champagne-Ardenne. People are so sweet here that I feel like I'm back in Georgia.

MimiG

Registered
Reaction score
I'd really like that. We're saving up to get a bigger place in a smaller place. Gd willing and the crick don't rise as they say back home. If you're passing through the big city give me a heads up: it wd be lovely to meet!
That would be lovely! I never go to Paris (except to get to the airport), but I'll keep that in mind! Are you staying close to Paris in the arrondissements or moving farther from the city? If you ever want some Champagne, look us up in Aube! (though we're more "crémant d'alsace" people ;)

angelisa fontaine-wood

Registered
Reaction score
Website
angelisawood.blogspot.com
Oh I do love a good cremant!

We'd like to leave Paris altogether, actually; Not too southerly as I don't do heat well, that's all. We're looking at Bourges and Nevers, price-wise, although I would like a more dynamic place, Strasbourg, Rennes, or someplace like that, but I'm not sure that's doable with the budget we have.

If we get out in your direction I'll be sure to give you a heads up

Happy Thanksgiving

Autumn image for Thanksgiving