The Daily Rejection, Vol. 3

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
It's hard to know how to feel about those rejections sometimes, isn't it? Glad you're able to look at the positive side of it.

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Had a dream last night that an agent wanted to chat by phone so I called them, but my house was really loud. I kept looking for a quiet room, finally found one, and was curious what the agent would say. She said nothing. I kept hemming and hawing, saying, "Why did you want to talk?" Eventually she said she wanted to talk about *her* book. Not mine so much. I found that odd.

Nowhere in the dream was I excited about the agent, although I did file away that the phone call might be something she remembered in the future.

She knew, too, that I was about to publish my manuscript, which is what i think the call was supposed to be about. I think I said something like, 'Do you have any suggestions for it?' She didn't.

The call ended, and I was scratching my head at how pointless it had been.

I woke up, made coffee, sat down to my laptop.

Opened my email to a stray form rejection from a query I sent in May.

Psychoclown

Registered
Reaction score
Just got my first rejection for a short story. When I saw it in my inbox, I knew what it was. The deadline for submission is tomorrow, so I figured any contact before then was a rejection. I felt my heart drop when I read it, but I'm actually doing OK. I'm ready to submit the story elsewhere and hope for the best. But when I first read it, it was a gut punch.

Krampus Nacht

St. Nicholas and Krampus