The 2022 Sequel Summer Solstice SF&F Story Slinging Social

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

kinokonoronin

Purveyor of Madness
Registered
Reaction score
Are we there yet???
Nope! I'm afraid that I forgot to send out an email about voting.

Not everyone logs on every day, and it's easy to forget that, but the truth is that some participants may not even have realized that voting was taking place.

Email sent! No rush, anyone, but it would be cool to have prompts earlier than deadline. 😇

Reactions: writer316 and Sue77

Gatteau

Registered
Reaction score
Nope! I'm afraid that I forgot to send out an email about voting.

Not everyone logs on every day, and it's easy to forget that, but the truth is that some participants may not even have realized that voting was taking place.

Email sent! No rush, anyone, but it would be cool to have prompts earlier than deadline. 😇
I am one of these slackers, apologies!! I blame all my friends showing up in the same week and forcing me to go out and have fun with them, lame…

But I have now voted, and will most certainly be working one or a few or a whole slew of dragons in no matter the outcome, because dragons. :Jump:

kinokonoronin

Purveyor of Madness
Registered
Reaction score
Are we able to see where voting is trending?
If people could see the current vote tallies, that would influence incoming votes, effectively giving more choosing power to those who wait longer. I did post a link to an anonymous pie chart image above to show vote distribution: it's very wide! Lots of 1's and 2's but there are some front runners.

I'll post a new pie chart if and when all votes are legal. We're currently waiting for one correction (another 5-prompt-voter), and 3 participants have yet to cast their votes.

Last edited:

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Slacker reporting in — we’ve had a good dose of Life Happens in the last couple of weeks, likely to continue though it’s settled down some, so I’ve not managed to get through the prompts just yet. Still fully intending to though! (and yes the email did help)

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
If people could see the current vote tallies, that would influence incoming votes, effectively giving more choosing power to those who wait longer.
Yeah this, the influence is there, even if you're not concious of it. I noticed it myself last year when I was running the voting.

I'd love to see a break-down of how the voting went, because I always find that interesting, but later, after all the votes have been cast.

I admit I am rather impatiently waiting for the winners. :e2paperba I could definitely use something nice in my life right now, but I'm guessing, so can we all. At least this is an election that will not ruin your life if something other than your own choices are chosen.

Go, go, go voters. :e2cheer:

Reactions: kinokonoronin