The 2022 Sekrit Solstice Sci-Fi/Fantasy Story Swap!

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
*climbs on a box* *clears throat*

📣 I HAD A STORY ACCEPTED FOR AN ANTHOLOGY, AND IT WAS ONE OF MY SISYPHUS STORIES! 📣

To be specific, it's my 2019 Sisyphus story, "It Started in the Mailroom." The one inspired by BryanT's prompt of "magic run amok." It will appear in the anthology, "Fantastic Schools: Vol 6", slated to release in the fall. I'M VERY HAPPY :Jump:

mountaingirl24

Registered
Reaction score

📣 I HAD A STORY ACCEPTED FOR AN ANTHOLOGY, AND IT WAS ONE OF MY SISYPHUS STORIES! 📣

To be specific, it's my 2019 Sisyphus story, "It Started in the Mailroom." The one inspired by BryanT's prompt of "magic run amok." It will appear in the anthology, "Fantastic Schools: Vol 6", slated to release in the fall. I'M VERY HAPPY :Jump:
Congrats!!!!!

Reactions: E.F.B.

J.A.Nielsen

Registered
Reaction score

That's so great! AND a sisyphus story! So freaking cool!

Reactions: E.F.B.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A huge shout-out of congrats to Sue77 for her book release. Such a well-deserved milestone.

Also, so great to see so many Sisyphus folks during her event! AW represented strong!

Sue77

Registered
Reaction score
A huge shout-out of congrats to Sue77 for her book release. Such a well-deserved milestone.

Also, so great to see so many Sisyphus folks during her event! AW represented strong!

Thank you, Cobra. it was lovely to see so many friends from AW there. I had a great evening and hope you did too. :)

For those who may be interested, my story collection is called, 'Starless and Bible Black' by Susan York and is available from Amazon.
You can read the first two stories and part of the third without buying the book.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/STARLESS-B...tories&qid=1668254891&sprefix=,aps,119&sr=8-1

Norman Mjadwesch

vacuous eyes, will bark at shadows
Registered
Reaction score

Thank you, Cobra. it was lovely to see so many friends from AW there. I had a great evening and hope you did too. :)

For those who may be interested, my story collection is called, 'Starless and Bible Black' by Susan York and is available from Amazon.
You can read the first two stories and part of the third without buying the book.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/STARLESS-BIBLE-BLACK-Short-Stories/dp/B0BB626P1J/ref=sr_1_1?crid=15FKEXCYU7LPP&keywords=starless+and+bible+black+short+stories&qid=1668254891&sprefix=,aps,119&sr=8-1

Yep, I enjoyed that little do immensely. Got to put some faces to names, and some poor sods got to look at my head too. :)

Nice friendly vibe, and really proud of Sue. Got my copy and will be cracking it open at xmas!

• Love
Reactions: Sue77

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
I suppose I should think of a prompt at some point...

Gatteau

Registered
Reaction score
But... NaNoWriMo! Sheesh, one thing at a time, how are you doing all this, Cobra...

Really glad I've started notes on both my phone and computer for various prompt ideas, and they're only slightly influenced by whatever I happen to be writing/reading/watching at the time... (Hint: my prompt ideas are the total best ever)

Yikes, that means we're halfway through NaNo...

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I hope you have been well. Good to see Sue's collection get its launch last week, and to put some faces to the names of AWers/Sisyphites. I'm also glad to have played my part in the proceedings with a reading of part of a story of mine.

That story first appeared in 2021 and was reprinted this year in Best of British Science Fiction 2021. It's my only story publication this year and is likely to remain so, but I've just today had notice of another story accept. I can't say more than that, but the one accepted today did start life in very different form as a Sisyphus story.

Writing has been a mess this year, with just the one new story (done for Sisyphus) and hopes to spend up to half the year working on the existing and new Maud stories gradually vanishing in to the mist. I've also not been well for the last month or so, with a combination of what presented as a moderate cold (tested negative for Covid, three times), insomnia, and cellulitis in my right leg. Fortunately the first one has gone now and the latter two are eventually on the way out. So it's probably just as well I didn't take part in the summer Sisyphus. Sounds like you all had fun.

My big news is that with our office closing soon, those of us working in Aldershot (all from home, anyway) will be leaving under a release package, and at my age it should take me through to sixty and a pension. So after 31 January, I'll effectively be a full-time freelance writer as I shouldn't need to get another job.

I do intend to sign up to the (Northern Hemisphere) winter Sisyphus.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But... NaNoWriMo! Sheesh, one thing at a time, how are you doing all this, Cobra...

Yikes, that means we're halfway through NaNo...
I was able to get NaNo done quick this year, but mostly because I started with a solid outline and was able to finish my first draft around it. Plus, I HATE things hanging over my head, so I just hammered away at words until I didn't have to worry about it anymore.

Hi everyone. I hope you have been well. Good to see Sue's collection get its launch last week, and to put some faces to the names of AWers/Sisyphites. I'm also glad to have played my part in the proceedings with a reading of part of a story of mine.

That story first appeared in 2021 and was reprinted this year in Best of British Science Fiction 2021. It's my only story publication this year and is likely to remain so, but I've just today had notice of another story accept. I can't say more than that, but the one accepted today did start life in very different form as a Sisyphus story.

Writing has been a mess this year, with just the one new story (done for Sisyphus) and hopes to spend up to half the year working on the existing and new Maud stories gradually vanishing in to the mist. I've also not been well for the last month or so, with a combination of what presented as a moderate cold (tested negative for Covid, three times), insomnia, and cellulitis in my right leg. Fortunately the first one has gone now and the latter two are eventually on the way out. So it's probably just as well I didn't take part in the summer Sisyphus. Sounds like you all had fun.

My big news is that with our office closing soon, those of us working in Aldershot (all from home, anyway) will be leaving under a release package, and at my age it should take me through to sixty and a pension. So after 31 January, I'll effectively be a full-time freelance writer as I shouldn't need to get another job.

I do intend to sign up to the (Northern Hemisphere) winter Sisyphus.
Congrats on your future freelancer-ship!