The 2019 Sequel Solstice Story Share: The Sequel!

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Norman Mjadwesch

vacuous eyes, will bark at shadows
Registered
Reaction score
*cringes*

Dogs are notoriously bad at boundaries.

Last edited:

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score
ARGHHH I give up! I have work tomorrow, and an exam! I must. Get. Sleep.

*shakes fist*

Darn you, future people! You’re going to steal all the points when my back is turned!

(It’s just as well. If the guessing thread was live, I’d have to stay up to read it all and I’d fail my exam for sure.)

Goodnight, All. :)

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck with your exam, Coddi!

shortstorymachinist

The score is still Q to 12!
Registered
Reaction score

*Give big thumbs up to people who wrote half-finished novellas*

*Goes back to drinking whiskey in the shower, sobbing over the novella I now have to finish*

Shower whiskey? We know you're a fancy doggo, Kevin, no need to flaunt it. Also, if we all wrote half-finished novella cliff hangers...who's the original? My doppel senses are tingling...at least, I think that's what tingling. Anyone smell burnt toast?

*shakes fist*

Darn you, future people! You’re going to steal all the points when my back is turned!

(It’s just as well. If the guessing thread was live, I’d have to stay up to read it all and I’d fail my exam for sure.)

Baha! I knew moving to the future would work! So worth it for the two times a year I get to participate in guessing threads.

Also I see we have a birthday train! Choochoo!:partyguy::partyguy: :partyguy::snoopy:Happy Birthday everyone! May your celebrations involve less screaming that the day we're commemorating!

J. A. Rama

Master Plot Hydra Conqueror
Registered
Reaction score
Website
phractalreality.blogspot.com

*shakes fist*

Don't worry, Coddi. There are limits imposed on the guessing so as to pace it slowly enough to give everyone a chance, regardless of schedule and time zone. You will have a chance to guess!

THE GUESSING THREAD IS LIVE!

Okay, here's how it works.

Participants will be limited to 3 guesses a day. You may use them all at once or spread them out throughout the day.

There is a 50 post minimum limit that you will need to meet in order to be able to post in Show Your Work. If this will pose a sizeable difficulty (obviously, I do not advise spamming 40 posts in a day unless it's a very fast-moving thread, which is...rare), please talk to me. I believe everyone here should be fine though.

The password for the Show Your Work section is vista.

Please post your guesses on the Guessing Thread; I will not count any guesses posted elsewhere.

Last edited:

shortstorymachinist

The score is still Q to 12!
Registered
Reaction score
*What this means is I switch from looking at the internet sitting at my computer to looking at the internet on my phone while lying in bed

The truth! It shines bright as a backlit screen at midnight, blinding me!

Thanks for doing this again, Jay, and thanks for letting me belatedly join :D

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score
ARGHhhhhhh the DOG got me on his very first guess!

*clutches chest, falls down ded*

Ah, the shame, the ignominy!

*rolls, twitches, whimpers*

Norman Mjadwesch

vacuous eyes, will bark at shadows
Registered
Reaction score

Easy peasy. :flamethrower

Fucking one trick pony :deadhorse

Norm 2: Coddi 0

Last edited:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Question for our Fearless Leader: will there be a Google Doc with all the stories like last time?

J. A. Rama

Master Plot Hydra Conqueror
Registered
Reaction score
Website
phractalreality.blogspot.com
Question for our Fearless Leader: will there be a Google Doc with all the stories like last time?

No, not going to forcibly share anyone's work. Feel free to requestb anything that catches your eye, but of course it's up to the writer whether they feel comfortable sharing.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
No, not going to forcibly share anyone's work. Feel free to requestb anything that catches your eye, but of course it's up to the writer whether they feel comfortable sharing.

Fair enough, tho I did like having easy access last year. But I guess I'll just rep everyone once the guessing it over.

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Question, out of curiosity: who did all three prompts in one story? You don't have to respond before being guessed (if it hints at which excerpt is yours) but I'd love to know. I had great fun mixing them all up.

THERE'S SO MUCH SCIENCE FICTION IN THE GUESSING THREAD!!! Gonna make it hard to figure out which joker wrote what.
Two out of the three prompts being obviously sci-fi will do that, I suppose. As for making it harder... *maniacal laughter*

Wheee! Thank you Jay, you are awesome.

*What this means is I switch from looking at the internet sitting at my computer to looking at the internet on my phone while lying in bed
You do know the light from phones is also detrimental to sleeping cycles, right?

:roll:No horsing around! The dog did it!

Works for me.

When (hahahaaah!) I am guessed, I am happy to share with anyone interested in my story. :) Just rep me with an email.

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Does all fifty-one prompts count as three?
I'd be very interested to see if one managed all fifty-one in one story, that ought to be quite epic. But I'll happily take just the final three finalist prompts.

I see there are about ten extra stories. Impressive!