ThatWriterHere's Introduction (here since 2020 but never posted a intro.)

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

ThatWriterHere

Registered
Reaction score
Welc0me to ThatWriterHere's Introduction Post

Hello there. Recently realized I been here since 2020 but never posted, so I thought that right now would be the right time to make a post.
Anyways, hello. My name is TheWriterHere and I am a YA speculative fiction writer (mostly dabbling in fantasy and science fiction but more likely fantasy.) who writes in the novel/novella/short story format and tends to be geeky sometimes. My favorite things to talk about are fantasy magic systems, building wonderful fantasy groups, and the art of writing anything genre fiction. I also love to read, draw, make stuff, and I love to talk about anything really. I might make posts on worldbuilding but I'm worried about sounding old school. I am also a budding article writer on culture, entertainment. literature, and current events.

I am not taking betas for a bit but if one opens up you are free to insert your manuscript/chapters in those posts.

Thanks for reading.

- That Writer Here

Janine R

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. I’m new here as well. Looks like you are pretty diversified with the article work and fiction.

mccardey

wear a mask
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Boo. Well done on the introduction thing. :Sun:

Nether

has a healthy fear of clowns
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, if that applies :oops:

Recently realized I been here since 2020 but never posted

Meaning lurking all this time or you made an account, but never got around to checking things out?

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
Hello! đź‘‹ Enjoy your worldbuilding and don't forget to write a lot of scenes too!

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome, welcome, welcome!

You'll love it here, I'm sure. AW is, in my opinion, the internet's premier writing place, with all the info you'll ever need on all things writing and publishing, and home to an amazing community, to boot.

Please carefully read the Newbies Guide you were linked to when you registered, as well as the stickied/pinned threads at the top of each forum page. These will help you quickly understand not only the forum rules, but also the culture and etiquette of the various spaces within.

There's a lot to discover, so please take your time exploring, keep lurking if you like, join in conversations you find fun or interesting if you like, make friends, enjoy yourself!

See you around the boards :)
Izz

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments. Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Elizabeth George's book Write Away