• We’re running on a new server at a new host with a new forum software called XenForo. Some things are different. Some things may not work as expected. I am working on it as fast as I can. Please be patient. Please read this post.
  • I'm going to be working on the forums for a while. Things may be wonky. I may turn the forums off without notice. Consider this a bit of a public beta test as we figure out the new software and make adjustments. But you've been much missed, and we can't wait to see you again!

Thank you, and welcome back!

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
It's going to take a bit for the new software to become as second-nature as the old V-bulletin software was, but I have faith we'll get there.

I did want to take a moment to offer my sincere gratitude to everyone who has offered their support, their assistance, and contributed financially to this upgrade. We wouldn't be here without all of you.

And finally, my profound thanks to Medievalist (AW Admin) for her herculean efforts that made this happen.

Welcome back to AW, all!

gtanders

Registered
Reaction score
Reactions: Introversion

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
So much faster, and I already see people here who had been avoiding AW for its slowness before the switch!

AW Admin

Herder of Hamsters
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.digitalmedievalist.com
I spent a lot of time optimizing the database and UI, and we had a knowledgeable paid consultant, and the new host is running on high end software. One of the reasons I changed hosts (again) last Tuesday was because of this host's hardware and level of support.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So good to be back. Thanks to all who worked so hard to get the site up and running again. Definitely does seem a lot quicker. :)

Reactions: MacAllister

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! Great to have AW back. Thank you to all who have worked so hard to do the reno's. Love the new carpet.

Al X.

Registered
Reaction score
I belong to a couple of message boards that use Xenforo. I think it is an outstanding platform with great capabilities, and it should serve AW well. Glad to see that the forum is back up and running.