Templates Still Need Cosmetic Tweaking

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Changes in colors etc will be happening for a while.

The settings I carefully saved don't apply to the updated templates, so it's going to be a while.

Please be patient.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Take your time. Eat right, get some sleep, don't forget to have a life, and all that. AW's templates in need of correction will wait however long it takes.

Did you all miss the site while it got its maintenance? That's your cue to contribute to its upkeep. Caveat: Times are hard for many, and nobody wants you skipping meals to donate, but a whole lot of members could afford two bucks, or ten, or twenty, but give nothing. You don't want to be one of them, do you?

Maryn, who thought not

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so much Lisa, and I'm really sorry for logging on that time it's just that you're my homepage and I forgot. I hope I didn't disturb a hamster.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Same here -- didn't realise my browser was set up to open all of my toolbar bookmarked pages every damned time, and to refresh them like every two minutes or whatever. Stupid computers who are smarter than me.....

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
You folks are all OK; it's the people who kept trying to do stuff on the forum, in one case repeatedly for over a half hour, despite the announcements, etc.

I can set an announcement to use a user name that only that user will see so I did, which cut down on people repeatedly refreshing and clicking etc.

Reactions: ChaseJxyz

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
I felt bad, because AW is between my outlook office and my college infrastructure links on my firefox home page, and even when I know not to click on it, sometimes my finger will do that by rote instead of hitting one of the other two :(

Thanks so much for all you do!

Reactions: AW Admin

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I felt bad, because AW is between my outlook office and my college infrastructure links on my firefox home page, and even when I know not to click on it, sometimes my finger will do that by rote instead of hitting one of the other two :(

Thanks so much for all you do!
Yeah, but that's not the same as the person trying to actually access the forums, or refreshing every ten minutes.

Unimportant

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:: hangs head in shame :: that was probably me, inadvertantly. Not being on Facebook or anything I didn't realise there was any other way to see if the forum was alive again. Because I'm an idiot.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not being on Facebook or anything I didn't realise there was any other way to see if the forum was alive again.
I had to bookmark this site and train myself to hit it first. 😛

Unimportant

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
D'oh, yeah, I didn't find that till waaaaaay too late!

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score

I tried that too, but out of habit I most of the time just hit the AW link and have it try to load before realising it's unavailable.

But since the last off-line period I found what works for me. When AW is down, I switch that bookmark with the bookmark to the status blog in my link list. One goes one place up, the other one place down. And when I'm on autopilot and hit the link where the AW link usually is I first hit the status blog and remember I can't go to AW just yet.

Saved me from refreshing a lot.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Poor little hamster must dread having to take the forums down for work, because of all the attempts to access it.

With so many members, it must be a frustrating impossibility to reach everyone with announcements. Makes me think of teaching online, where I have only about 100 students, but no matter how many emails, announcements, and reminders I post, about 20% fail to follow instructions.

Nether

is walking the plank at a pirate-themed water park
Registered
Reaction score
But since the last off-line period I found what works for me. When AW is down, I switch that bookmark with the bookmark to the status blog in my link list. One goes one place up, the other one place down. And when I'm on autopilot and hit the link where the AW link usually is I first hit the status blog and remember I can't go to AW just yet.

Yeah, that's what I finally did, except I bookmarked the Twitter feed. I didn't realize the status blog was a thing, though.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Sigs are not showing on members' posts.

Working on it!

Reactions: Silenia

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
On iOS, the word “DRIFT” (was it meant to be draft?) in the upper lefthand corner grows larger when I scroll down on a page, obscuring content. Temporary template stuff?

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com

This was me as well. I have a well-ingrained habit of clicking a series of links every morning or at certain times of the day, and I forgot things were being tweaked.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
On iOS, the word “DRIFT” (was it meant to be draft?) in the upper lefthand corner grows larger when I scroll down on a page, obscuring content. Temporary template stuff?
It's the logo of the Drift template; until I have my Mac back from Apple (keyboard recall and repair) I can't swap it out for the AW logo.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Meanwhile, then, we shall enjoy drifting. It's a sunny day, warm enough, the waters calm...

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just want to say that I think the forum's new look is great. The darker font is far easier to read and in general, it's just...prettier.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I just want to say that I think the forum's new look is great. The darker font is far easier to read and in general, it's just...prettier.
I'm glad. Thank you for telling me.

Note that there are three Themes to choose from. You can pick the one YOU use via your Preferences, under the Style sections.

There's AW Drift, there's the related dark version of it AW Drift Dark, and there's the unaltered-out-of-the-box XenForo theme, which I don't want to alter since it's the one that the software is essentially designed to work with. I'll eventually copy it (i.e. make a "child" theme and alter the child version, but that can wait.