• U.S. members: The Federal Government is offering each household in the United States four (4) free at-home Covid-19 test kits. https://www.covidtests.gov/

Templates Still Need Cosmetic Tweaking

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Gawd knows *I* could use some Cosmic Tweaking...

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Query. I know that tweaking is ongoing, but now that the forum is running, is there something wrong with logging in and using it? I get that acessing the page often when AW is down gets in the way of working on it. But does that also go for when the forum is working well enough, like it is now?

I don't want to be the doofus that slows things down but I have the feeling I am and I don't quite know what I'm doing wrong...

AW Admin

Herder of Hamsters
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Query. I know that tweaking is ongoing, but now that the forum is running, is there something wrong with logging in and using it? I get that acessing the page often when AW is down gets in the way of working on it. But does that also go for when the forum is working well enough, like it is now?

I don't want to be the doofus that slows things down but I have the feeling I am and I don't quite know what I'm doing wrong...
If you can log in, you're good to go. If I'm working on the forum and I need it ON and need folks to Not Log On ,I'll have a banner up that says that, I'll post to Twitter and the AW Status blog https://absolutewritestatus.blogspot.com that will say, some version of

Please Don't Log On, I'm workin' here

Thank you for caring.

There were / are a handful of members who kept logging on even when I contacted them and explained exactly why the forums were on and why I just needed them to give me an hour to work.

They did not.

One told me to eff off.

So while I didn't want to ban that person then, because WORKING, I did screw with their ability to access the site. They got the site, but in Korean.

And THEN I banned them later.

Friendly Frog

Snarkenfaugister
Registered
Reaction score
Yikes!

Thanks for the explanation, AW Admin.

I'm going to flip my links again so I'll check the status blog first before coming to AW for the time being.

Happy tweaking!

litdawg

Helping those who help themselves
Registered
Reaction score
There were / are a handful of members who kept logging on even when I contacted them and explained exactly why the forums were on and why I just needed them to give me an hour to work.

They did not.

One told me to eff off.

So while I didn't want to ban that person then, because WORKING, I did screw with their ability to access the site. They got the site, but in Korean.

And THEN I banned them later.
In Korean, eh? A little Squid Game message? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::e2chain:

Elizabeth George's book Write Away