Ted Lasso

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Oh! And one last thing:

I would like Trent Crimm, Independent, to write a book about AFC Richmond, thus requiring him to be around in plot-useful ways next season.

Reactions: Introversion

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Registered
Reaction score
I loved Sam's reaction to Akufo's meltdown. No self-doubt, no attempts to fix the situation and placate the tantrum - just "Wow" and moving on, confident he'd made the right choice.
When Sam was still deciding, The Kid asked if I thought he should take the offer. I said, “Definitely, because it’ll be a great opportunity to grow.” After Akufo’s bizarre (“poop, poop!” LOL) behavior she asked if I still thought he should’ve taken it?

Ok, smartass. 😎 I said, never ever work for an asshole if you can avoid it. There’s not enough money or perks to make it worthwhile. Yeah, I was right there with Sam, thinking “bullet definitely dodged!”

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Oh! And one last thing:

I would like Trent Crimm, Independent, to write a book about AFC Richmond, thus requiring him to be around in plot-useful ways next season.

Well, AFC Richmond is in need of a new PR director, so there's that. I saw one of the writers say that since he left his keys in his car, he is "not going anywhere."

The Nate/Ted scene was so well done, and Nick Mohammed was the reason. The Kid told me she'd been side-eyeing the whole "Nate is now evil" subplot, especially to the degree they took it in E11. The finale scene made the whole thing click for her.

Yes, this really worked for me and he delivered it perfectly. The way he went from subtly crying to straightening himself up to lash out instead was wonderful. The way they shot him at the end is still a little mustache-twirly but now the gray hair has started to make sense - he's emulating
Rupert

Maybe it's just me, but Ted's ex texted him, and she gets bitchy when he asks her a "so what's up with you?" question? I get that she found him a boundary pusher, but either be a friend (and draw friend-level boundaries) or leave him alone.

I thought this was such a well-done exchange, especially in juxtaposition to Rebecca reaching out, because it shows that she in fact did not understand him.

telford

We learn by doing
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished season 2. Wow, they really lifted their game. And the cast were up to the task. Great stuff. Come on season 3. He says boldly, controlling the tremors. ;)

Reactions: lizmonster

Happy Thanksgiving

Autumn image for Thanksgiving