• We’re running on a new server at a new host with a new forum software called XenForo. Some things are different. Some things may not work as expected. I am working on it as fast as I can. Please be patient. Please read this post.
  • I'm going to be working on the forums for a while. Things may be wonky. I may turn the forums off without notice. Consider this a bit of a public beta test as we figure out the new software and make adjustments. But you've been much missed, and we can't wait to see you again!

Ted Lasso

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Has anybody else watched this? We're 5 episodes in.

I remember hearing some mumblings when it first came out, and I glanced at it and thought "Sports show" and "Some SNL comedian I don't know" and skipped it. Not sure what made me take a look, but two minutes into the first episode, when Rebecca tries to give away the Hockney, the show had me.

It's...kind. Mostly. There are one or two things that feel like slightly rough edges to me, but to have a lead character who chooses kindness - who doesn't lack intelligence or perception, but just chooses to be nice to people - is quite something.

And sometimes I laugh out loud.

MythMonger

Willing to Learn
Registered
Reaction score
My wife and I really enjoyed this series. It was definitely a perfect feel-good show for 2020.

Reactions: lizmonster

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
We watched through to the end last night. Not sure what I can say about it without spoilers. :) It worked, I thought. And that final shot was something else.

There's so much here. The representation of the public panic attack...I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like that on (more or less) mainstream TV.

I'll watch it again. It's imperfect, for sure, but it's unapologetically comfort food.