Technorati Tag for Stories of Strength blog posts

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
If you blogged about Stories of Strength you can add this Technorati tag (html is below) at the bottom of your post. It might help drive traffic to the site. I don't pretend to understand it, but tagged posts can be searched in Technorati and if there are a lot on the topic it can help attract attention. Maybe.

Couldn't hurt. I've tagged my blog and thought I'd share.

<a href="http://technorati.com/tag/stories_of_strength" rel="tag">stories of strength</a>

Last edited:

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
You rock, Dawno! This will coordinate better if we use the same tag, so thanks for posting this.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Wild timing. Mac just tried teaching me about this newfangled technowhozis thing. I stuck a tag in there!

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So far when I go to 'stories+of+strength' in the tags area I just get my blog - but I don't get how it works either, maybe Mac can esplain...

unthoughtknown

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jennifersando.com
Dawno said:
jen.nifer, when I go to tags and enter stories_of_strength or stories+of+strength I see my blog post titled "Beefy Bloomers" (yeah, I wish I had done something different now) as the first hit.

Ah I see. I was referring to the result that is returned in the general search field - rather than the tag search field...

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
jen.nifer said:
Has someone organised for the site to have its own profile in Technorati too? This will speed things up a bit I think?

Oh boy. What's that? (I am a blog-dummy.)

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
JennaGlatzer said:
Oh boy. What's that? (I am a blog-dummy.)

Well, you need to put some HTML in the site template and then ping Technorati with the URL. I bet Mac or Richard or someone else much more techie than I could get your blog and the SOS site all set up with it.

Richard

13th Triskaidekaphobe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcobbett.co.uk
The SOS site already pings Technorati every time there's a new blog post. I haven't set anything special up to cater for it beyond that, simply because I've never been convinced that most of these weblog listing/tagging sites actually do all that much for you unless you cater in up-to-the-minute news about particularly dramatic subjects.

Last edited:

Richard

13th Triskaidekaphobe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcobbett.co.uk
(Bizarrely, one of the top results in Google isn't the site or a post about it, but rather a page in my Odeo account that I was using to try out a service called Talkr, and don't even remember making - a text to speech thing that sounds okay listened to directly, but disturbingly like Alvin and the Chipmunks on speed when played from the web...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Book