• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Susan Golomb Literary Agency

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

stepephen

Hi all,

Does anybody know anything about the new agent, Corey, at SGolomb? All i know is her first name. Any info?

Thanks.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
The Susan Golomb Literary Agency

aka Susan Golomb Agency / S. Golomb Agency

I find mention of Kim, Sabine, and Anna, but no Corey (yet). Where did you hear about her?

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
Just wondering, does anyone found out yet if Corey Ferguson is a "he" or "she"? Thanks.

Sohia Rose

Will write for coffee
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with this agency? I'm filtering my agent-query list.

JamieFord

giving resonant directions
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamieford.com
Corey emailed me a few months back requesting the full, which I sent via email. They asked that I let them know if I had other offers of representation, which I did (5 other offers--it was a crazy week), and I never heard back. Maybe they assumed it was too late. Very nice though, in general.

River Rat

Registered
Reaction score
Terra Chalberg

I queried the Susan Golomb agency back in September and received a request for the full manuscript from Terra Chalberg on October 7. Since then no word. I sent her two e-mails politely inquiring as to the status of the manuscript. No word. I know it takes a long time for these agents to make their way through their in box but a note back would be nice.

What do y'all think?

Tanya Egan Gibson

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm represented by Susan. Terra is her assistant. They're wonderful folks there. I adore them. PM me if you have any specific questions you'd like me to answer.

River Rat

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the assurance, Tanya. I guess I'm just impatient to hear something from them. I'll take a deep breath and turn my calendar to the wall.

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
I just researched and queried Susan Golomb. In doing so, I came across an announcement of her wedding yesterday. Perhaps things slowed down a bit at the agency with the preparations.

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I guess I'll never hear from her again. I congratulated her in the letter! In my defense, the actual date is in very faint, small, blue font near the article. The current date runs across the top as if that's the date of the article. But I should have looked more closely. I know better. At the very least, I hope I made someone in her offoce laugh who was otherwise having a bad day.
Thanks Tanya!

Tanya Egan Gibson

Registered
Reaction score
So, does anyone know if Corey is a he or a she? Even I'm curious now! :)

December, Corey no longer works there. But she is a "she." Terra replaced her.

Well, I guess I'll never hear from her again. I congratulated her in the letter! In my defense, the actual date is in very faint, small, blue font near the article. The current date runs across the top as if that's the date of the article. But I should have looked more closely. I know better. At the very least, I hope I made someone in her offoce laugh who was otherwise having a bad day.

Happy Writer Mom, I wouldn't sweat it. It's all about the writing, anyway. And Susan has a good sense of humor.

- Tanya

alias octavia

smooshed
Registered
Reaction score
Is this a no response = no agency? I can't find any good information on query response. My query is 80 days old at this point. Just wondering if I should bother sending a follow-up.

River Rat

Registered
Reaction score
I think its more of a no response = no interest. Some legitimate agencies just don't reply to e-queries unless they want to see more.

still alive

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I just tried twice to send a query to Susan Golomb and each time it was kicked back as undeliverable.

I used [email protected]. Anyone have a clue?

Thanks,
still alive

HappyCamper

I lurk, therefore I am
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Tanya,

I'm new here and I was wondering if you could share how long it takes Terra/Susan to respond to a full? I sent a query addressed to Terra last Tuesday and got a request for a full (hard copy) yesterday. I'm planning to send out my MS this week. Thanks a lot!

Tanya Egan Gibson

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Happy Camper,

I don't know what Susan's or Terra's typical response time is -- or if there is a "typical" response time. Sorry I can't be of help on this!

Krampus Nacht

Krampus