Study published demonstrating that access to hormone treatments reduces risk of suicide among transgender young people.

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Maryn

Baaaa!
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This falls clearly into the "No f---ing shit" category. Of course young trans people who have access to the hormones that confirm their gender are going to do better than those denied.

Still, it's good to see a proper study confirming it. Thanks for the link.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It’s sad that studies have to be done to prove what many of us already know from direct experience or a loved one’s experience, but I’m glad it’s there for people of the “I need evidence before I treat people humanely” variety.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Not at all surprising, but since people are always asking for proof that gender confirming treatments are helpful to people, and there's a lot of sociopolitical conflict (even within some elements of the LGBTQ community) over Trans rights in general and of starting treatment early in transgender youth, It's important to collect these data and publish the results. I hope this saves some lives.

Axiom Witch

Registered
Reaction score
It's so amazing that trans people are getting access to treatment at younger and younger ages. I never would have imagined this being possible when I was a teen.

Reactions: neandermagnon