• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Stoneleaf Literary Agency

zarch

GOML.
Registered
Reaction score
Anybody know anything about Karen Dunn OR Stoneleaf Literary Agency? Really, the only useful information I've found is that the agency is located in South Carolina and Karen Dunn has some experience in the editing/publishing world. Can't even find an address.

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
zarch, I'm honestly not trying to be snarky, but if you can't find out anything about this agent or this agency, why would you want to consider them?

zarch

GOML.
Registered
Reaction score
The only thing the originally drew me to the agency (if it even exists) is the fact that it lists its interests as traditionally Southern (which is where my manuscript falls). If it's determined that the agency is far too inexperienced or whatever, then I wouldn't consider using it.

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, gotcha. Good luck with your ms.

JerseyGirl1962

I heart Malamutes! :-)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Zarch,

Just did a quick Google on her name. At this point, the only item/website I've come up with is WritersNet

http://www.writers.net/agents/29182

Says the agency, located in Edisto, SC, was started in 2003, that she worked as a freelance editor for Simon and Schuster, yadda yadda yadda. The above link will take you to her bio/ad on WritersNet.

I then tried the agency's website.

http://www.stoneleaf.net

Didn't get to the website. Instead, a page with an Apache server message came up. All I could understand was this passage: "The site administrator changed the configuration of the web server."

Whatever that means. But it didn't go to the agency's website. I don't know if they're just having server problems or they're out of business or their ISP took them down...maybe someone with more computer sense can figure it for you.

~Nancy

Joshua Jones

Stone Leaf

I too am searching for Stoneleaf, aka Karen Dunn for the same reason (Southern manuscript) looking for agent. I'll post if I have any luck.

edgyllama

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Having no website is not always a red flag when it comes to agents. Having no track record, as seems to be the case with this one, is. I mean, there is nothing about her or her sales I could find on Google.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
The last capture of her website is from Sept. 2005, and the site wasn't updated after its creation in 2003. The only trace of the agency outside WN is a listing in someone's 2004 newsletter, and credit given to an Ethan Dunn of Stoneleaf for proofreading an AIDS awareness document (also from 2004).

I think it's a safe bet this agency didn't get off the ground.