• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Spencer Hill Press

MartinaMay

Registered
Reaction score
Preacher'sWife: I'll be curious to hear how things go with their romance line. Did they have an open sub window for that imprint as well?

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
Preacher'sWife: I'll be curious to hear how things go with their romance line. Did they have an open sub window for that imprint as well?

Check out the link here. Says they're currently opened to agented and unagented subs.

On a curious note -- should Tulip Romance eventually be awarded its own thread?

Preacher'sWife

Crack that WIP!
Registered
Reaction score
in my own little corner, in my own little chair

When I was checking out Spencer Hill editors, I saw the link to Tulip Romance by Marie's name. As Maddie says, they are open to agented and unagented queries, and ask for the first ten.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
Well, got my rejection email from them today. I'll keep trying.

JaneD

Registered
Reaction score
Website
janedougherty.wordpress.com
Mine must have been in the same batch. None of their editors felt strongly enough about it to want to take it on. Oh well. Their loss :)

BlinkerBot

Displaced New Englander
Registered
Reaction score
Got my rejection yesterday too. Good luck to those whose are still in the running.

MartinaMay

Registered
Reaction score
Pinch me! I got an email from Spencer Hill and cringed (I'm still not used to those Rs from agents.).

"Wanted to let you know that your manuscript has been moved up into the next round of open submissions. Best of luck and happy holidays!"

EEEE!

A.P.M.

Registered
Reaction score
I got the same notification that my manuscript had moved to the next round. I wonder what their procedure is like?

MartinaMay

Registered
Reaction score
I got the same notification that my manuscript had moved to the next round. I wonder what their procedure is like?

Congratulations, A.P.M.! I wonder, too. Maybe someone who has been through the process will chime in.

Last edited:

Haleighm

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats MartinaMay and A.P.M.! Has anyone else still not heard either way? I know it's only been a few weeks and we're still in the middle of the holidays, but it seems like quite a few have heard back already.

MiraKat

Registered
Reaction score
I've been following this thread for a while now and finally decided to join in. I submitted my full ms on December 5th and got confirmation on the 11th, but since then I've heard nothing. Fingers crossed!

Haleighm

Registered
Reaction score
Hi MiraKat! Good luck to you! Hopefully we will hear back soon.

Haleighm

Registered
Reaction score
I got my rejection email this morning. Good luck to anyone still waiting to hear back!

Haleighm

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks MartinaMay! I look forward to trying again next year!

Haleighm

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks A.P.M. I'm excited to see how the next round goes for you guys!

AngelicaRJackson

Angelic Muse
Registered
Reaction score
Website
AngelicaRJackson.blogspot.com
FYI (and I think it will turn out to be a good thing)

From Publisher's Lunch: "Spencer Hill Press has been acquired by Kampmann & Company, the parent company of Beaufort Books. Founder Kate Kaynak will step down as managing editor but continue as an editor with the company, while Jessica Porteous succeeds Kaynak as managing editor. "

grumbles13

Registered
Reaction score
I submitted my YA thriller during the open period and made it to round two. Got the response saying a couple of weeks on Dec 11.... but I'm still waiting to hear anything.

Nudge or leave it alone? Anyone have any experience with their open period submissions?