SOS ProfNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphabet

Aspiring Inspirer
Registered
Reaction score
Ok.. so I'm looking for someone who can help me shape up an Open Letter to Society that I plan to try and circulate to multiple newspapers, blogs, etc, and which should work as publicity for the anthology - please anyone who can help me perfect the text of this heartwarming publicity piece shout me a Private Message!

I'd like three people with some relevent experience or two people with lots of relevent experience to take a look at what I've already created to make sure I'm not doing too much too wrong.

shelagh

Registered
Reaction score
Website
shelaghwatkins.co.uk

Alphabet

Aspiring Inspirer
Registered
Reaction score
Well I just don't think it is very effective although it was a good idea to try it!

But, as soon as I see some people who genuinely found your sites that way and so on then I'll certainly rethink setting up my own. Don't worry, I am doing other things instead. I also find the chosen name Absolute writers etc... just not very eyecatching - I think if I did set one up I'd want to find a more startling name for it.. I don't know.. AW Hurricane Project maybe? Anyway, the name isn't the only aspect of it that gives me pause but I'd rather not say more.

I've not had any offers of help yet for my 'thing' (see post 1), it's time sensitive so I'll just do my best effort - but I AM slow doing things for the first time so I had hoped someone would be able to speed me along past the 'is this right?' quagmire I usually sink into.

Last edited:

shelagh

Registered
Reaction score
Website
shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Oh well! The name Absolute Writers Voluntary Group was chosen because communigate is for the sole use of non-profit organisations and the most appropriate category for SoS seemed to be "Charities and Voluntary Groups"
(A rose by any other name would smell as sweet; please feel free to choose your own group title!)

"This is Lancashire" has had 102 views in less than a week (it was set up last Thursday) and "This is Sussex" has had 58 views in four days.

It may not be thousands of hits, but I think it's a good start and it's a meeting place for you and the people in your local community (message board, links page, guest book, calendar showing the amount raised and number of books sold). If people who know you are not interested, nobody else in the country will be!

Alphabet

Aspiring Inspirer
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think it serves any positive purpose for me to list all my reasons why I'd rather not do it on a public forum. lets just agree to disagree.

A couple of things I can say though, are that

1) Nobody will be naturally visiting that site who wouldn't also naturally be walking past a couple of well placed flyers in my local community.

2) I'd rather anyone doing a websearch on phrases in the press release found one of the near word-for-word articles that are also online.

3)
shelagh said:
If people who know you are not interested, nobody else in the country will be!
That's a very negative self-image that I don't subscribe to. It is all about who you tell and how you tell it. Please respect my choices or at least pursue it privately.

Alphabet

Aspiring Inspirer
Registered
Reaction score
OK.. so I'm going to put this 'thing' in the SYW forum... please come along and help me make it as good as it can be... I'll then send it to newspapers of my own choosing plus anyone else's suggestions IF they tell me the name to send it to and the address to send it... and whether they do or don't bite, a few days later we'll get it up on blogs 'everywhere' - so it isn't wasted time, promise ya!

BTW: The thread was intended to be where we could all post our requests for advice/assistance if we start needing to step outside our field of writing expertise - but in the AW tradition that I love so much, please turn it into whatever it tells you it wants to be.

Last edited:

Kim Gogo

Lady of the North
Registered
Reaction score
Alphabet said:
OK.. so I'm going to put this 'thing' in the SYW forum... please come along and help me make it as good as it can be... I'll then send it to newspapers of my own choosing plus anyone else's suggestions IF they tell me the name to send it to and the address to send it... and whether they do or don't bite, a few days later we'll get it up on blogs 'everywhere' - so it isn't wasted time, promise ya!

BTW: The thread was intended to be where we could all post our requests for advice/assistance if we start needing to step outside our field of writing expertise - but in the AW tradition that I love so much, please turn it into whatever it tells you it wants to be.

It prompts me for a password. Can you please PM it to me? I'm heading to bed but I'll try to go by tomorrow.

kim

Status
Not open for further replies.