So This Is The Fantasy Place

Status
Not open for further replies.

HConn

Our deep-seated resentment toward sf/f professionals.

:grin Kidding!

At this point we're still tossing around links for useful resources and generally getting to know each other. This board is pretty new. I expect it will take another month or so before we split into factions and begin sniping at each other.

:party

keltora

:rollin

Why I guess I'll just mosey on back to lurking in the Writer Beware lounge and amusing myself with the remarks thrown out there.

Kidding.:D

I'll have to dig around and see what links I have that might be useful to others who write fantasy, but since most of my research is from reading very old early Victorian accounts of folklore, and from doing research in various archaeology publications and history publications, none of which are available on the web to date, that may be a little hard.

I guess I could do a book list. :)

:coffee

ChunkyC

I expect it will take another month or so before we split into factions and begin sniping at each other.
I resent that, and I know a few people who would agree with me. (also kidding)

It should be any day now :grin

HollyB

I don't want to snipe at each other.

I'd rather duel!

jedi1.gif

ChunkyC

* puts head in garbage pail to get proper sound from voice *
I see your Schwartz is as big as mine.
7.gif

ChunkyC

Re: Argg..

:lol that site missed my favorite bit....

John Candy: "I'm a Mawg. Half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend."

:ha

HollyB

Re: May the Schwartz be with you

Who needs an emoticon when you can have ART? HConn, you rock! Howdja do that? (Yes, you must see Spaceballs)

CC and Rissey... :rofl

Risseybug

Funny, she doesn't LOOK Druish.
Couldn't help myself:kiss

Yeshanu

I may need to watch this movie.

No "may" about it HConn... Go see it. Tonight.

Personally, I love the industrial-sized hair dryer she packs along...

Kida Adelyn

It's my industrial strength hair dryer, and I can't live without it!

"We are gathered on this most joyous occasion to witness Princess Vespa,daughter of King Roland, going right past the altar, heading down the ramp and out the door"

"Careful you idiot I said across her nose, not UP IT!" "Sorry, Sir, I'm doing my best." "Who made that man a gunner?" "I did, Sir,he's my cousin." "Who's he?" "He's an @#%$ sir" "I know that. What's his name?" "That is his name sir, @#%$, Major @#%$" "And his cousin?" "He's an @#%$ too, Sir, Gunner's Mate, First Class, Phillip @#%$." "How many @#%$ we got on this ship anyhow?" "YO!" "I knew it, i'm surrounded by @#%$!":ssh

:hail mighty spaceballs.

I appologize to those with taste.:p

edit: my mother has ordered me to change the bad words that slipped through ez's automatic bad word elimination. However I would like to point out I didn't come up with this, I am not calling anyone those not nice words and if she should digitally wash out anyones mouth out it should be Mel Brooks. I would also like to say that it was her father who introduced me to it, so it's entirely her fault for letting me hang out with my grandpa.

Yeshanu

Ally, they don't need to hear you recite the whole movie word-for-word.

Go do something useless, like watch Lord of the Rings again... :b

(And you need to edit your post. You missed one of the @#%$ and actually wrote out the word. I'll be over with the soap...)

Kida Adelyn

I didn't come up with that. and I could recite the more horrible parts. I did however go do somthing useless. I watched spaceballs!

Jyndral

:eek

Watching LOTR is useless?? Ut-oh..... I think I'm in trouble, then. :)

~Jen

Lori Basiewicz

Watching LOTR is not useless. It is, however, useless for Yeshanu or Kida to watch it again, as they have seen it so many times it has been encrypted into their brain waves.

maestrowork

Goodie, we get to watch Ruth discipline Ally with soap online.

*popcorn*

Jyndral

hee. You might want to add me to that list. Encrypted in brain waves indeed! :lol

Risseybug

Ah yes, watched LOTR many many times. Everytime it's on Encore... then it's on Encore West right after that. I try to watch both times.

We need a LOTR emoticon...

macalicious731

Rissey, I am confident that somewhere on the web you can find some of those.

Or, just leave it to Ruth. Lord of the Rings AND emoticons? She'll have a field day.

Yeshanu

Found 'em! :jump

They're here.

Now I gotta figure out how to get them on this board. I'll go ask the resident expert. (Kida)

Status
Not open for further replies.