• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[YADS] Simily

K. Q. Watson

Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Does anyone have any experience with simily.co?
A friend of mine uses it and she gets money per click which is nice.
Does anyone know if it impedes the author's ability to get published elsewhere like magazines?

Thanks!

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Link? More info?

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
We've had a discussion about this site or one using an identical set up very recently. Or was it on Twitter? Let me see if I can track down something I vaguely remember.

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
I just saw a job listing for this site. It was posted on LinkedIn and Indeed but was apparently removed from those sites.

The link is https://simily.co/ — but it seems really slow. I got a Bad Gateway response from one of the links on the home page.

Also, if people are getting paid by view, they won’t get much money at all, especially if few people know of the site. You get $20 after 1,000 views per month. That’s ridiculous. Most unknown fiction writers won’t get that many views. Especially as you don’t know how they measure views. Are they counting views from the same IP address more than once or just once?

As an example, on Medium, only one of my articles got more than 1,000 views, but I’ve made just over $20 for an article with 291 views. I haven’t even tried posting fiction on Medium because this doesn’t seem the best way to get paid for fiction. (Even Medium members with established readers admit they don’t get many views for fiction.)

If the stories stay on a site long after being posted, then a magazine publisher is unlikely to want to pay to reprint them.

Last edited: