Short fiction contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amblack

Stop, drop, and revolt!
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. We're not just stringing it out to build suspense, I promise. But the Back to School contest is in full swing right now, too -- and we're not going to step on that.

There's time, and there will BE time for those who want to participate. :) We just have to build it into

Yay! I can wait and be patient. I say this as my boyfriend and cats look at me with judgement.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just spotted this referred to by another poster in another thread. Love to try it. Wait to see the rules and conditions. Even clinging onto the end of any voting list would be worth the effort. Now -if I can just get the wife thoroughly pissed off and switch on the tape recorder :snoopy:

Diver

keyboard crawler
Registered
Reaction score
I'd participate too. Rules and regulations: bring it on!
...says someone still worked up with the Back to School contest... :e2woo:

Diver

keyboard crawler
Registered
Reaction score
Hey. I've reached the quintessential post 50 landmark. :)

Kayley

Someday.
Registered
Reaction score
Finally, it's September. Only two months of summer left!

Two months of summer? o_O I thought my one remaining month was a lot. Many people have gone back to work/school already. So you don't start until November?

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
Two months of summer? o_O I thought my one remaining month was a lot. Many people have gone back to work/school already. So you don't start until November?
It depends; I was exaggerating a bit. There's no month of the year when we're not apt to have days in the 70s. It doesn't feel like Fall to me here until, usually, mid-October at least.

I'd probably like Seattle. Although my ex-wife is there.

Kayley

Someday.
Registered
Reaction score
It depends; I was exaggerating a bit. There's no month of the year when we're not apt to have days in the 70s. It doesn't feel like Fall to me here until, usually, mid-October at least.

I'd probably like Seattle. Although my ex-wife is there.

Ah, that makes sense. We were in the low 50s this morning. Fall is definitely coming.

bearilou

DenturePunk writer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world
It's midnight oh-thirty, I'm wide awake, skimming the boards and lo! What do I see but an announcement for a contest!

So, this is me, dropping my name into the hat for prospective interest. A lot will depend on the timing. As in, I need time to get excited, plan, fret, dither, procrastinate, panic, write like a fiend and then collapse when I get my entry in hopefully before the deadline.

All with the fervent prayer that my entry idea doesn't turn into something that no longer fits the guidelines or takes on a life of its own (like it did for the Western contest).

Niniva

Life is just a bowl of cherries...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm on this board mainly to find opportunities like this; count me in.

CJacobo

Writer of Words, Words, Words
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calebjacobo.com
Thanks for your patience!

Thank you all for taking interest in the contest. I will be sure to let you know as soon as I have more details on rules and regulations and timing.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
um...I assumed that this would take flight after the kid-lit contest was over. Has it been canceled? A no-go? Just wondering-- the holidays will be here before you know it. Just curious since I haven't heard anything.

Cybernaught

Decker
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in. Conflicts between men and women has been somewhat of a recurrent theme for me.

Deleted member 42

um...I assumed that this would take flight after the kid-lit contest was over. Has it been canceled? A no-go? Just wondering-- the holidays will be here before you know it. Just curious since I haven't heard anything.

It's here.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Okay, folks - the 19 20 stories that made it through for the vote are posted (there were some disqualifications for not meeting the criteria) -- so listen up:

IF YOU SENT ME A STORY THAT IS NOT POSTED, and you DIDN'T get an email from me telling you how and where the story missed, PM OR EMAIL ME ASAP.

:) We'll open voting tomorrow, and I'll post instructions with a board-wide announcement, then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.