• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Sheldon Fogelman Agency

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Provrb1810meggy said:
Anyone know about the Sheldon Fogelman Agency? This is their website, http://sheldonfogelmanagency.com/
Um, you did look at their website, right? Most agents don't list Newbery and Caldecott award winners unless they've actually repped them, since it's so easy to check. I would say you'd be in good hands here.

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
I did look at their website. I just wanted to find out what people knew about them, their opinions, how long they take to answer, etc.

Hopcus

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.anastasiahopcus.com
Does anyone know if they are interested in fantasy children's such as Urban Fantasy YA novels or just straight up literary works?

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Linda Pratt

Came across this today from Linda Pratt. Wish I wrote children's books!

RLB

bundled
Registered
Reaction score
They've got such an impressive client list, but I'm not finding any sales with my google-fu. (except for two from Marcia) Do some agencies just not report their sales?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
It happens, but there's usually trace of them elsewhere.

In any case, it's acceptable to drop an agent a line asking for most recent sales, etc.

C A Winters

Never say "I can't."
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they are interested in fantasy children's such as Urban Fantasy YA novels or just straight up literary works?

Uh . . . from their submission page:

SUBMISSIONS POLICY
Sheldon Fogelman Agency, Inc. specializes in children's books of all genres, from picture books through young adult literature and everything in between. The agency represents both authors and illustrators.

Debbie V

Mentoring Myself and Others
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to choose amongst the agents here. Tough choice. Anyone have specific experience with Sean, Linda or Marcia? My web search doesn't show much for Sheldon himself, though their site says he's still taking on clients. I'd appreciate any help.

Also, is this a subbing to one is subbing to all agency? I don't have that feeling, but I'm still asking.

Emualde

Registered
Reaction score
Any news from anyone?

I sent a partial last october. Nudged last month without any success.

ladylou

Registered
Reaction score
I s queried Sean on 1/31, and got a snail rejection dated 4/7. One of the nicest rej's I've gotten: "we all agree your work has merit. The concept is great, etc." Then the 'not connecting strongly enough . . . '. Very nice letter. My feeling is anyone who signs with them would be lucky!

Also, the letter begins: "Thank you . . . I've now had the chance to share and discuss with my colleagues." That leads me to believe sending to one in this agency is sending to all.

Last edited:

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
karendenise72.blogspot.com
I s queried Sean on 1/31, and got a snail rejection dated 4/7. One of the nicest rej's I've gotten: "we all agree your work has merit. The concept is great, etc." Then the 'not connecting strongly enough . . . '. Very nice letter. My feeling is anyone who signs with them would be lucky!

Also, the letter begins: "Thank you . . . I've now had the chance to share and discuss with my colleagues." That leads me to believe sending to one in this agency is sending to all.

Based on this, I'm thinking the fact that I sent my full in July and have not heard anything isn't unusual. I did send an update last month because I had something weird happen with my email so I wasn't sure if they received my full. I got a lovely email back from Amy, the Submissions Coordinator, almost instantly. She said it's still being considered, which means others have to read it. So I agree, sending to one at this agency, sends to all. I'd LOVE to sign with them, so I'm crossing all things I can cross until I hear from them.

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
Any updates on this agency? No $ next to them in pred&ed. Only one sale in 12 months on publishers market place. They have award winning and best sellers listed as clients but I don't know how recent they are. Are they still a good agency and the pre&ed is just a fluke?

I participated in a twitter pitch and got a request from Amy Stern for my YA fantasy. I'd like more info before sending. Anyone know more?

rosepddle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
karendenise72.blogspot.com
Any updates on this agency? No $ next to them in pred&ed. Only one sale in 12 months on publishers market place. They have award winning and best sellers listed as clients but I don't know how recent they are. Are they still a good agency and the pre&ed is just a fluke?

I participated in a twitter pitch and got a request from Amy Stern for my YA fantasy. I'd like more info before sending. Anyone know more?

Sorry I'm just getting back with you. I hope I'm not too late with this reply. I'd definitely send the requested info to Amy. She was the first one to read my ms when I submitted and she was the one who always got back to me in a very timely manner when I sent inquiries. Not only that, but I think she'd give great feedback.

I've only been repped by them since September, so I'm a newbie, but I'm very happy. My agent gets my work, and that is an awesome thing. I'm currently out on submission to some great editors. No complaints from me thus far.

As for their sales. I think they are just kinda old-school with it. They don't have a large web presence, but their list of authors is awesome. They just updated their website, so who knows, maybe they will start submitting to Publishers Marketplace. I can certainly ask my agent if you want to follow up with me on in a private message.

Tromboli

Hopelessly Hopeful
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staceytrombley.com
Thanks okay Rosepddle, I did end up sending it to her. I figured if no sales information was the only issue, that was something I could ask her about if it ever came down to her offering rep. Thanks for the info. I'm glad it's working out for you!