Share the last line you wrote!

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
I unfolded a bank sheet with a $50,000 balance.

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
By the time the two security agents allowed us to board the elevator no part of my body had been left unhandled.

bachaterobx

Registered
Reaction score
Mods, slap my wrists if this thread already exists here or belongs elsewhere. :)

Shamelessly stealing this idea from a different thread! Share the last line you wrote in your novel. Did you end a chapter, or leave on a cliffhanger so you can jump right back in when you start writing again? Did you leave off in the middle of a sentence? Post below!
Just cooperate with our advisors, and our advisors will cooperate with you.

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
“I did a door-to-door investigation in the guise of looking for my lost black American Bulldog.”

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
Roland slapped a hand over Lint’s eyes as the images got more unpleasant. “We get the point, Roxanne. Now put that phone away before you turn your little sister’s eyeballs catch fire.”

----How to Raise the Chosen One

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
“Today,” the reporter said, “we finally get a name for the girl.” She whipped her head at the stretcher. “She’s been positively identified by family as Claire Berkins.”
--These Aren't My Memories

Just started a new novel. It's a mystery/thriller with some speculative elements.

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
As of July 13

The Tucker was gone.--From A DEADLY SPILL OF SCARLET

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
She spun around before I could. “What’s the point of this, Emb? This isn’t going to help us catch him.”--These Aren't My Memories

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
I lit another Marlboro Short, blew a smoke ring at the ceiling, and laid it out to her.

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
“No need to say that twice,” I said, picking through our movie choices. ‘Deacon’s Weapon’ was still running through my mind. “Too bad we don’t have a real movie theater.” I grabbed a classic Hitchcock instead.

Keilah

Registered
Reaction score
Despite knowing exactly where she was, so long as she didn’t look up, she could let herself pretend that she was back home in Black River or her uncle’s village, surrounded by trees instead of a city where a third of the population hated her and the rest saw her as some kind of hero.