• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

SelfPublisherStore.com / SPS Enterprises LLC

LovetoWrite

Registered
Reaction score

LovetoWrite

Registered
Reaction score
Too true apeteman.

It was the thread at Createspace that got my attention, they talked about all they hope to accomplish and the deals they say are in the making. I think if it is true, then they are breaking ground on one of the major problems self-publishing faces - Distribution.

The thing is - IF IT IS TRUE...

I don't mind putting money out for promotion, marketing and networking, if it is what they say.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I would wait to see if it is true. Its the kind of thing I've heard a hundred times before, and it ain't happened yet.

MickRooney

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.theindependentpublishingmagazine.com
The fact that they designed such a horrible looking website isn't helping their case.

Not only is it a horribly designed webpage, but it is also dramatically short on any substantive claims it makes to having signed contracts with major retailers. Also, I note in the terms, the selfpublishingstore.com simply act as a viral middleman. Authors who sign up must have an e-commerce site to process and supply the orders fed through to them from selfpublishingstore.com.

valeriec80

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, but forty bucks is less than the buy-in for the notorious Indie Reader (what happened with that, anyway?) and it might be worth it if they can do what they say they can...

I don't know. I'm intrigued.

valeriec80

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
And after digging around a bit, not so much. On the forums, they come off as disorganized and confused. The entire concept seems really complicated. Pass.

LovetoWrite

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, everyone pointed out what I was thinking but refusing to acknowledge. In the hope there might be something to it.

Thats why I came here. I want to thank everyone who took the time to answer for giving me a the dose of reality I needed. :)

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site has fewer than 30 books listed, and doesn't look like it's been updated since 2010.

ETA: Gone Jan '15.

Last edited: