Scrivener Upgrade confusion

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

MaeZe

Registered
Reaction score
I bought the upgrade. I'm putting it on my new MacBook Air and leaving the older version in my MacBook Pro until I get things settled. Everything seemed to be going fine, it installed some version of 2.xxx on the new computer, and that's fine. Then the email says to install version 3 which is what I purchased. But when I hit download (email is from Paddle and it has a box that says download) it goes to a warning page instead of installing.

Help! No hurry, I can use version 2.xxx in the meantime and I have my novel backed up on multiple thumb drives.

Thanks

AW Admin

Herder of Hamsters
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.digitalmedievalist.com

MaeZe

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for answering Lisa. That's what I did. I had the registration number. The instructions on the Scrivener site said install the 2.xxx version and follow the next steps which I did. Then it said to see the email and follow that. I did that too.

Tomorrow I'll contact Scrivener and update what they said in this thread.

MaeZe

Registered
Reaction score
I went round and round, I absolutely despise these guides when they say find X on the page and there is no X on the page. This happened a gazillion times this morning. And I want a list of files and file folders and instead I get an image and can't change it to file name view. I'll have my son help me with that so this is just venting.

This is where I could use your help:

Finally I went back to the email and looked closer at the warning. It says the following filter is blocking the download:

||pstmrk.it^

Found in: Peter Loweā€™s Ad and tracking server list

I can disable the block temporarily or permanently. HELP!!

MaeZe

Registered
Reaction score
Well, this is disappointing. I allowed the download after my son said not to worry it was something from the adblock I use. I disabled it temporarily.

So I did all the next steps and ended up exactly where I already was, I installed the 2.xxx version again. Aaaaaarrrrrhhh!!!

Whatever the steps are to upgrade to version 3 which I paid for (though it wasn't that much), I can't follow them. Son's coming over Sunday. He'll fix it, hopefully.

In the meantime my old Macbook Pro says the battery needs replacing. But it's glued in and ... multiple steps ... to replace it so I'm not going to. Any who, Son tells me his last MacBookPro had that notice for 6 years.

Okay a relief to know, but this is the killer and remember he said it very nonchalantly: he said if the battery starts to expand, and I'll know because it will push the back, starting to open it. If that happens I should worry about it exploding or starting a fire. šŸ˜²

Featured Book