Scriptbuddy help

Liverpool

Registered
Reaction score
I am having trouble accessing my work. When I log in, it is saying there are 123 pages but only a few lines from the first scene are showing. Anyone else use Scriptbuddy.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Sorry, no, and I don't know anyone who does...

If you haven't already tried this, your best bet might be writing to [email protected] (at the bottom of the main page, under the Help link).

-Derek

Stealth66

Drummin' the frustrations away.
Registered
Reaction score
Either at my computer or in front of my drums.
I've been using ScriptBuddy for months, but I've never had this particular problem with it before. Sorry.

Did you download the PDF file to your hard drive? Hopefully you haven't completely lost your script. I do it periodically just in case the site should ever go crazy on me.

Hm, the ScriptBuddy site won't even come up for me right now. I wonder if they're having problems today? Maybe that's all it is, unless you've been trying longer than that. I don't know.

Last edited:

Hillgate

On location
Registered
Reaction score
Try saving it as Rich Text and then importing it back to Script Buddy. I think it's always a good idea to keep versions in more than one format, such as PDF, or even print the thing out because you can always scan it in again if the soft version goes belly-up.

scriptwriter91

RED SOX FAN 'TIL DEATH
Registered
Reaction score
The 51st state. no not new england. the state of c
I think the site is just down or something. Luckily I for no apparent reason PDFed my 229 page script last night. Oh by the way I sent a message to [email protected] and it came back faster than I sent it. Let's hope its the site and not the server, because, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if it was the server that went bad all our scripts are history.

Liverpool

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks all, I received this from their help department. Panic over!

Hello Willy

The ScriptBuddy server is currently experiencing technical difficulties and appears to have encountered an error while you were last editing your screenplay. This error prevented the screenplay from properly saving -- it saved only a portion of the screenplay.

We pulled from a backup of your screenplay that was made yesterday, but it looks like the screenplay had not previously been modified since March 20. The backed-up screenplay is in your account, labeled accordingly.

Please take a careful look at the backup and let us know if this gets you back to where you were. It's the most recent backup we have of your screenplay.

We are performing maintenance on the server today and I recommend you avoid doing any "edits" on your screenplay today. You can safely view the screenplay, but avoid edits where you type text and hit an "OK" button -- these "OK" buttons perform the save process.

We truly apologize for the inconvenience and are working to resolve the problem.

Liverpool

Registered
Reaction score
The site is still very slow but that message was for yesterday. I am going to print off my 123 pages just in case though.