• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Script Writers Haven / Roaring Lion Ent. (Tasha Ledbetter)

Ace

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but I just got a private message from Shoshanna, who informed me that her website has lowered the membership fees. I would have just replied asking her to not direct her advertisements at me, but her mailbox was full. So let this be an open letter to her:

Please do not direct your advertisements at me. I'm almost sure you don't have any sort of agreement with the forum to use it as a billboard.

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure mine will be coming along any day now. Either that, or I offended this Shoshanna person. Sometimes I offend more people than SRHowen does, and that's saying something.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
She's apparently a screenwriter, (a quick search of her posts reveals) and hasn't been here long.

She is contributing to conversations, though, and not just spamming. I'll send her a PM.

Thanks, all. :)

SRHowen

Erotica is not a four letter word!
Registered
Reaction score
reph said:
I'm sure mine will be coming along any day now. Either that, or I offended this Shoshanna person. Sometimes I offend more people than SRHowen does, and that's saying something.

Umm, thanks, I think--I didn't get one either.

Shawn

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Forum Rules

Thanks for pointing this out. These are the rules that Shoshanna agreed to when signing up for this board... if she breaks them again, please let me know, and always feel free to PM a mod if anyone does this sort of thing.

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Absolute Write Water Cooler will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Absolute Write Water Cooler, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. The primary rule on the forum is "Respect your fellow writers."

The owners of Absolute Write Water Cooler reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

The owners of Absolute Write Water Cooler reserve the right to quote from message board posts in their newsletters and books, citing the source.

You agree not to use this board to send unsolicited advertisements to its members, nor to send abusive or threatening messages using the Private Messaging system. You understand that Private Messages may be monitored by the administrators if such activity is suspected.

Thank you for reading. We look forward to meeting you!

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A person spamming IMDb's Shop Talk Writers with the same website had all their messages deleted, although I don't remember the user name so I can't tell if the account was cancelled, too. She had not participated in any of its writing boards' give-and-take, just promoted her site and left.

Which means she missed some clever and potentially useful criticism of the website itself, including language mistakes on its main page. Ouch...

Maryn

Mac H.

Board Visitor
Registered
Reaction score
I looked at the web-site that was being pushed when Shoshanna started plugging it about a month ago. (For the record, Shoshanna has put up 6 messages. 5 of them have been pushing 'www.scriptwritershaven.com')

It seems very dubious.

A couple of red flags:

* In the 'about us' section, they are very proud of the industry contacts and experience of the 'Senior Consultant' - but forgets to mention her name !

* In the 'about us' section, they are also very proud of the CEO's experience - but also forgets to mention his name. The REALLY bizarre thing, though, is that while they seem very proud of the CEO's experience - he has less industry experience than me! His claim to fame is that he wrote some QA documents once !!!!

Other websites that these people run include 'www.workingforthekingdom.org' - a fundamentalist Christian site.

It seems to be run by 'Natasha Moore' who used to use the name 'Tasha Ledbetter' and used to call herself the 'Literary Manager' of the 'Prime Mega Entertainment' literary agency - which was run out of a hotmail account !

If you Google Ms Ledbetter's track record, you won't find any announcements of her success in Variety - just free ads on message boards where she was trying to sell her own script for '$500,000 against $1,000,000' !!!!!

I put them in my 'scam to avoid' file ....

Mac.
(PS: My prediction is that the CEO is Nathan Moore, and the 'Senior Consultant' is 'Natasha Moore/Tasha Ledbetter'. I've emailed 'scriptwriters haven' as a courtesy (to give them a 'right of reply', rather than talk about them behind their back) so will see how accurate my guess was)

(PPS: This is even odder. Natasha happens to use the name 'Shoshanna' in another online group. (Ref: http://www.meetup.com/member/2182558/. - she was marketing one of her scripts under this user name)

But we know that our 'Shoshanna' can't possibly be Natasha, because our Shoshanna was talking about how good Natasha's company is - and how 'after searching high and low, I found a company that did resume submissions for writers. I also found out that the lead consultant has many industry contacts and is affiliated well...'.

There are two possibilities:
* Our 'Shoshanna' is Natasha and has been lying about how she searched high and low before happening to find her own company.
- or -
* Our 'Shoshanna' happens to use the same username on message boards as Natasha.

I suspect the former. I hope the latter.
Shoshanna can tell us which.

Last edited:

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
w00t! Somebody get Mac H a Scooby snack.

Nice job, and let us know if you hear anything back--I'll wait to see if she responds before I jump on the ban button, but that all looks rather dubious.

shoshanna

What is going on here???????

Thanks McAllister for sticking up for me. Why would Tasha reply? She is where we are all trying to get. Some of you do not know the business too well if you think she has time to reply to this board.

As I mentioned to McAllister in an email, all I was doing was trying to help all of us out. I do not know what in the hell is going on here. Everyone is having a coniption for some odd reason and I am really trying to figure this out. I do not know out of all of us who lives in Los Angeles -but Tasha Ledbetter is a good name and has many good contacts that would be benficial to all of us. This is why I used the SWH services. Naturally, I will endorse something that is doing me well at this time as a struggling screenwriter. I do not think I spammed everybody. I just spammed people I thought were cool. Did I spam you Mac? Please let me know because I lost a cool point if I did.

I will admit that I am trying to get on the bandwagon because like many, she does not accept unsolicited material being that she has experience as a lit manager and drives a very very hard bargain from what I understand. She is a battle-ax from what I have heard and goes to battle for all of her writers. I am in a writing group and an individual in my writing group introduced me to SWH and the services that they offer. She had used the SWH services and has managed to get a job as a staff writer. Yeah that is minimal to us because we are looking for that great sale aren't we. There are also some local students from some of the programs here that manage to get reading positions. Although intern, you can move with them if you apply yourself.

Natasha Moore is a writer. She just so happens to share the same first name as Tasha. How would Tasha market Natasha's material to production companies if she were her? Does that make any sense? Does that really make any sense? Think about it. Mac you are really not making any sense here. Is that making any sense to you all? Sounds dubious Mac just like you said. Listen to yourself.

Tasha did work previously with Prime Mega Entertainment and let me say this, if she can send an email to a studio production head with "Hotmail" on the end of it she is really good. Do not bark up the wrong tree Mac.

I am on Meet-Up. What are you talking about Mac? What is your agenda here? I do not know if Natasha is on Meet-Up. If she is -so what. What type of bull are you trying to start up? I made the posts. That is that. I made them because like I said, I am on the bandwagon and have been for quite sometime. Anyone who can make a phone call to at studio production head is in a much better position than I am. All they need is my good writing to talk about. We are all in the same position here. Stuggling. Even some people in this Forum who have minimal credits on IMDB are also in our position. Get a grip Mac.

I hope this post stays up here long enough for everyone to read. And McAllister, drop me a line anytime.

NicoleJLeBoeuf

a work in progress
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nicolejleboeuf.com
shoshanna said:
I do not think I spammed everybody. I just spammed people I thought were cool.
So everyone you spammed ought to just shut up and appreciate how cool you must think they are? Whoo. If "imitation is the highest form of compliment," spamming must be the new plagiarism. *snrk*

Speaking only for myself, of course (and I was not one of shoshanna's spammees), I'd venture that spam is not an effective way to anybody's heart.

shoshanna

Dear Nicole,

Did I offend you? If I did, I am so sorry. Maybe I should clarify that.

Again, I am so sorry if I pissed anyone off with my email. I am most definately glad I did not email you Nicole. But you do seem to be cool. You don't sweat the small stuff.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
I guess what I find most fascinating about this, Tasha, is that the e-mail you just sent me saying that "neither I nor any of the employees here at Script Writers Haven have authorized any individual to post any message concerning our website" comes from the exact same IP address as Shoshanna is using.

Moving to the Bewares Board.
The end.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
*sweeps wreckage into tidy pile*

*resists making snarky comment about site’s name*

*strolls off whistling “Another One Bites the Dust”*

book_maven

Reader Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Is she gone? If not, my red pen is just itching to get started on her post.

Ace

Registered
Reaction score
I appreciate that she thought I was "cool," but I'm a very minor member here with very few posts to indicate the type of person I am. In fact, I’m not even a screenwriter, so if she was trying to portray a directed approach at the small sample of people she sent the advertisement to, she must have gotten it wrong when it came to me. I don't know about anyone else.

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
shoshanna said:
I do not think I spammed everybody. I just spammed people I thought were cool. Did I spam you Mac? Please let me know because I lost a cool point if I did.
Shucks. I guess I'm not cool enough. Bummer.

Since some who received these PMs are not screenwriters, it seems more random than picking those she thought were "cool."

And lastly, she admits to spamming -- doesn't even say "Oh, I wasn't spamming; I was just just PMing those who I thought were cool!" Ha!

Shoshanna, if you're still reading this forum, though banned, apparently you were notified that the Announcements, Events, and Self-Promotion forum, or even the Networking: Sharing Leads forum, were more appropriate for this promotion than sending unsolicited PMs to people, most of whom you'd had no previous contact with. Think of it -- if only you had posted this in one of those forums, then:

1) you wouldn't have had to repeatedly send PMs, since you can only send 5 PMs at a time, and

2) wouldn't be banned!

So simple.