• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Scribe's Guild Publishing

starbelly35

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about them? I see they are a new publishing company, but can't really find anything substantial about them.

Bicyclefish

Pedaling Pescado
Registered
Reaction score
I found a website:

http://www.scribesguild.com/

We publish a variety of genres including but not limited to: Fantasy, Urban Fantasy, Young adult, Science Fiction, Non-fiction, How-To, to name a few.
From their Google+ page:

Hello awesome writers! We are a new publishing company publishing all genres except erotica. We have already signed three amazing authors with books coming out this year and we're currently accepting submissions! Check out our website for more! 
Though they list their current authors, I've yet to find anything about the people running the business.

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
Not enough of a track record to submit, and I agree, no info on who is running the joint certainly keeps me away. That, and the fact they don't accept manuscripts with explicit sex. I can't seem to write anything else these days...

Starstryder

Glimpsing reality...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
noobiewriter.blogspot.com
I noticed them via Twitter and it is intriguing but the lack of information is holding me back. I hope they are hugely successful but without more to go on I will not submit.

RaggedEdge

I can do this
Registered
Reaction score
Red flags:

1. No mention of the staff or their credentials.

2. No mention of how their books are published (print, digital, audio, etc.)?

There's also a typo on the Home page (best writer's should be best writers) - although I've certainly seen typos on legitimate agencies if not publishers as well.

This is the link to their facebook page. I don't see anything there either that answers the above. They could be anyone, anywhere, doing who knows what with your manuscript. Even if they have good intentions, and chances are that they do, there should be more transparency so you need not question any of that. As a start-up, they should do MORE to impress authors with their professionalism, not less.

I would not submit to them until they disclose these things and the facts can be double-checked through other sources. Even then, I wouldn't expect much in the way of sales.

Last edited:

starbelly35

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks:) Yes, they asked me to send my full manuscript after a Twitter pitch party. While it's flattering, I wasn't sure if I should. I think I'm leaning toward "no". And I definitely have explicit sex scenes in my novel. Ha!

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
... shortly thereafter, URL set to redirect to owner's Amazon page. No other activity after '15.