Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
No, just a lowly mod :) Myself and regdog look after the Newbies room

N.E.Synner

Registered
Reaction score
Are you doing a poll?
Or do you have a question about writing for television?
If the latter, why not just ask it.
Well...because I'm new here I don't know where to post or who to aim specific questions at, hence the generalization of my post.
Also, I know nothing of script witting for T.V and there are many things I would like to know but have no idea of what questions to ask.
I was hoping by posting I could have started to build a network of people in the know as it's an area I'm interested to learn more about to see if any ideas I have would be worth pursuing.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Well...because I'm new here I don't know where to post or who to aim specific questions at, hence the generalization of my post.
Also, I know nothing of script witting for T.V and there are many things I would like to know but have no idea of what questions to ask.
I was hoping by posting I could have started to build a network of people in the know as it's an area I'm interested to learn more about to see if any ideas I have would be worth pursuing.
Might I suggest this sticky as a good beginning point :) https://absolutewrite.com/forums/in...ine-scripts-recommends-where-to-submit.24087/ Much good info inside!

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Welcome to the board, what how-to books have you read, what TV scripts have you admired?

Me personally, I found Save The Cat! Writes For TV a useful read, the show references felt current and the advice didn't zoom over my head. I read the online sample before deciding to buy, take a peek at it if you haven't already.

I'm not a screenwriter, I just dabble for fun, with no expectations, so my knowledge is limited, if indeed I have any at all.

Reactions: N.E.Synner

Kevin_C_Vang

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone here write for T.V?
I know that to write for a TV script requires 60 pages at a minimum. I have read the pilot script for Game of Thrones and I am going to use its theory of how they wrote it.

The rest are just extras and spices that are considered as leftovers.