• We’re running on a new server at a new host with a new forum software called XenForo. Some things are different. Some things may not work as expected. I am working on it as fast as I can. Please be patient. Please read this post.
  • I'm going to be working on the forums for a while. Things may be wonky. I may turn the forums off without notice. Consider this a bit of a public beta test as we figure out the new software and make adjustments. But you've been much missed, and we can't wait to see you again!

Sara Camilli Agency

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Qianarae

Registered
Reaction score
I sent a query letter to Sara this past weekend and got a reply back a few hours later from Stephen, immediately requesting my full manuscript. I emailed it, but didn't even get an email back confirming that he received it. Does this sound normal to you all? Do I just have to wait til he's done reviewing it?

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Sara is my agent and I can say that I don't normally get a confirmation back on anything sent. From my time with her, this has been normal. Stephen can be very quick with initial responses, and I'm reasonably confident that he received your full submission. If you are cautious type, you can probably email him directly and get a confirmation response--that's up to you.

Congrats on the full request, nevertheless. Hoping I'll welcome you into our fold.

tri

Qianarae

Registered
Reaction score
Sara is my agent and I can say that I don't normally get a confirmation back on anything sent. From my time with her, this has been normal. Stephen can be very quick with initial responses, and I'm reasonably confident that he received your full submission. If you are cautious type, you can probably email him directly and get a confirmation response--that's up to you.

Congrats on the full request, nevertheless. Hoping I'll welcome you into our fold.

tri
Thanks Tri. This makes me feel a lot better.

Qianarae

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Tri. I ended up emailing Stephen and cc'ed Sara in the email just asking if they could give me some sort of timeframe to hear back from them. I never heard anything back at all. This is some nerve wracking stuff! Do you think I'm pushing it??? The last thing I want to be is a pest!

DreamyPen16

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone heard from Sara or Stephen? The last time I heard from Stephen was when I submitted my full manuscript. Haven't heard back since.
I know from reading this thread they are busy and don't respond quickly, but the wait is driving me a bit insane. ;)
What's the average wait time once a full manuscript is submitted?

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
Has anyone heard from Sara or Stephen? The last time I heard from Stephen was when I submitted my full manuscript. Haven't heard back since.
I know from reading this thread they are busy and don't respond quickly, but the wait is driving me a bit insane. ;)
What's the average wait time once a full manuscript is submitted?

I've been in contact with Sara in the last couple weeks--hashing out a second sub program for one of my books. I deal with Sara, and not Stephen, so I don't know what his response time is like for a full. I've just heard from others that he does eventually respond and it's just one of those normal, frustrating agent wait things that's common. Don't let it get to you--you know, the ice age glacier thing and all that--the long slow melting wait.

tri

DreamyPen16

Registered
Reaction score
I've been in contact with Sara in the last couple weeks--hashing out a second sub program for one of my books. I deal with Sara, and not Stephen, so I don't know what his response time is like for a full. I've just heard from others that he does eventually respond and it's just one of those normal, frustrating agent wait things that's common. Don't let it get to you--you know, the ice age glacier thing and all that--the long slow melting wait.

tri

Thanks for the response Tri! :) I've never spoken to Sara, only Stephen, but initially it seemed he always responded very quickly. However once I sent my full, communication ceased. :cry:

I don't know what to think; does one hear back if an agency decides they don't like the full? :Shrug:

DreamyPen16

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm...that's awhile. Have you tried Sara's email address? Explain to her about your full with Stephen. Put "Submission Status Inquiry" in the subject line. Try that and see what happens.

I think that's how I got in contact with Stephen? :Shrug:

I'm also a bit hesitant to be quite honest...I wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes...I'm normally persistent, but at the same time I don't want to piss anyone off either. I guess it doesn't hurt to try!

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
I think that's how I got in contact with Stephen? :Shrug:

I'm also a bit hesitant to be quite honest...I wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes...I'm normally persistent, but at the same time I don't want to piss anyone off either. I guess it doesn't hurt to try!

I don't think you'll mash any toes. Six months is quite wait. Now, I do know that Stephan has been out-of-state before, quite possibly out of the country, if my foggy memory serves me. Or a misplaced manuscript perhaps?

DreamyPen16

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think you'll mash any toes. Six months is quite wait. Now, I do know that Stephan has been out-of-state before, quite possibly out of the country, if my foggy memory serves me. Or a misplaced manuscript perhaps?

Hmmmm...I guess it doesn't hurt to nudge a bit. Thanks so much for the encouragement; I'll let you know if I hear back! :Hug2:

CallMeIshmael

Registered
Reaction score
^ Did you ever hear back from Stephen? I just queried them, although I wish I knew a bit more about them.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
My last contact was with Sara about 12 days ago. Two publishers who offered contracts, apparently, haven't contacted her like I asked them to. One pub house dropped the ball and buried my email and her response in her draft file. The other is MIA, but I think she'll respond fairly soon.

Gawd, the snags of it all!

I haven't heard a word about Stephen, but as soon as I get in touch with Sara, I'll tell her that one/some AWers are trying to touch base with him. That's about all I can do from my end to help out.

PRDavid

Banned
Reaction score
Under the heading of: "What the heck, all they can do is say no" I went ahead and shipped off a quick query.

What's one more pebble on top of Mount Rejection going to hurt.... lol