• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Sapphire Blue Publishing

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I believe the founders are Lori Combs-Graves, Tina Gerow and Maria Clayton. As with any small epublisher, I would not expect high sales.

Last edited:

Ibelong

Do you feel the need?
Registered
Reaction score
I did a search and did not come up with much. Can anyone give me any insight or experiences with this publisher. My biggest concern is that they only do e-books no print versions.

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
Can you share a link?

And there's nothing wrong with epubs, as long as they know what they're doing :)

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
Meh, I'd pass on these guys I think. No evidental experience, too many genres, and their covers are kind of disappointing.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
I checked it out and it doesn't look so bad. They pay 45% of royalties which is cool. But I know how you feel, you want it in print. It looks like they don't do that.

Ibelong

Do you feel the need?
Registered
Reaction score
I thought their covers were very well done. As for too many genres I don't know of any successful e-pubs (samhain, loose-ID etc) all have many genres. Is there anything else you don't like about them?

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I thought their covers were very well done. As for too many genres I don't know of any successful e-pubs (samhain, loose-ID etc) all have many genres. Is there anything else you don't like about them?

Samhain has two genres and Loose Id has one (romance, "with romance elements" and cross-genre romance)

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
The cover designs aren't bad for an e-pub.

My thing is they have so many genre's that I worry about the editors. Why? Because editors traditionally specialize in genre's, some more than one, but generally each editor has a speciality. Not sure I would want an erotic or romance editor working on my scifi or fantasy novel. Nothing against the editor, but if they don't understand the genre, they can do harm to the storyline.

Ibelong

Do you feel the need?
Registered
Reaction score
Samhain has two genres and Loose Id has one (romance, "with romance elements" and cross-genre romance)

Hmmm...

The way the website reads is by Genre (then they list 15 different types of genre) then they have a Romance section (then they list 13 different types of genre with "romance" listed beside those).

That kind of comes off as completely separate genres. But maybe that's not their intent?
Why would they separate it like that otherwise?

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I read that one. It only had one reply.

This is the info in the Index thread -- perhaps it needs to be made a sticky or a "Before You Post, Read This" notice:

If you can't find a relevant thread, post your question in a NEW thread .

• Do not create a new thread about a topic that's already been discussed. Just post to an existing thread, and it will pop to the top.

One of the mods will likely come along and merge the threads shortly.

Treyfan

Token Black Chick
Registered
Reaction score
I liked their covers too. I didn't see anything wrong with them either.

I'll think about these guys. 45% is pretty cool. And their site looks nice and professional. I was expecting a "dump" from what was described in the previous posts but it looks legit to me.

Thanks for providing the link! :D

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Hmmm...

The way the website reads is by Genre (then they list 15 different types of genre) then they have a Romance section (then they list 13 different types of genre with "romance" listed beside those).

That kind of comes off as completely separate genres. But maybe that's not their intent?

All of their books have to have strong romance elements. That is why I would collectly refer to them as one genre.

Carlene

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlenedater.com
Sapphire Blue Publishing closing?

Hi all,

Heard from a friend that SBP is closing - but when I checked the website all looks normal.

Anyone else heard this rumor?

Carlene

Miguelito

Filled with optimism. And scotch.
Registered
Reaction score
I think I saw it somewhere. Like maybe the next thread down for this one, the one called "Sapphire Blue Publishing" that would've been at the top of the page when you posted this one. :tongue

Last edited:

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Hmmm...

They are sub-genres/themes and help people find the exact kind of book they want to buy.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think I saw it somewhere. Like maybe the next thread down for this one, the one called "Sapphire Blue Publishing" that would've been at the top of the page when you posted this one. :tongue

I moved this thread from the Roundtable. The OP didn't post it here.

Sharii

I draw comics, lots of comics.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sharii.com
Hi all,

Heard from a friend that SBP is closing - but when I checked the website all looks normal.

Anyone else heard this rumor?

Carlene

Accorind to their Facebook page:

For those of you who haven't heard, the official announcement happened this morning at 6:30am. Sapphire Blue Publishing is closing its doors.

From http://fuguemacabre.livejournal.com/68820.html "They gave us back our rights and the rights to the cover art (at no cost to the author). "

Also at http://www.romancefanfiction.net/index.php?showtopic=6956

Hope that helps

black13

Registered
Reaction score
Website
lynneconnolly.com
Sadly, the news doesn't surprise me.
It was a tidy little outfit, nothing shady at all, but one of the owners, Tina Gerow, has been very, very ill recently. Maria is her best friend, and probably doesn't feel up to running the pub on her own. Tina has her own author career, and I imagine she finally had to choose.
Kudos on closing the publisher properly, returning the rights, and it's nice about the cover art.
Best wishes to Tina for a full recovery.

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
Assuming that the returns of rights went smoothly for the authors, it sounds like the Sapphire Blue folks did everything right in closing up shop. Best of luck to them, and to the authors in their next steps with republication.