Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello your Majesty. Greetings royals!

I was not doing well for significant amounts of time due to high blood pressure, high blood sugar, and 8-month migraine and other issues-- but I hope to return! I had a bad experience through the Discord server that I am deeply apologetic about-- I meant no offense at all, but I hope I can be forgiven. I was deeply unwell both mentally and physically and could not see my error before I made some people upset. All apologies.

I REALLY missed this place and would be thrilled to return. I hope that is okay!

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good to see the Royals returning.

Prince Daniel, of course you are welcome. Your suite of rooms have been cleaned and is ready for you. Welcome home. :)

Sir Brad, my world is treating me as well as it can. How are you doing?

Princess Snitchcat, great food! Come out of hiding anytime. :D

Last edited:

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Your Majesty, my world is treating me so good I should be triplets. Business is better than I can imagine, and I don't see any way of getting to everyone before the snow flies. I'm so blessed and it's a good place to be.

I pray your world treats you better than You can imagine, because you deserve God's best, and that's exactly what He wants to give you - accept it.

Stop in the AD when you get a chance and scritch on the walls. The place misses your regal presence. -Big Hugs-

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Your Queen is going to be going in for her 3rd cardiac ablation on Thursday. Since I am so busy with testing and getting ready, there is a good likelihood my time in the castle will be sparse. After the ablation I will be recovering for a few weeks, if it is anything like the last one. Since I have been warned by the dr that this one will be harder, I expect the recovery time to at least be equal to last time.

So don't worry about the silence in my wing of the Castle. Time heals all wounds, so they say. It should be true this time, also. :)

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Queen Ambrosia, I pray your healing comes swiftly and completely, and the ablation isn't necessary. The Lord healed my Chronic Fatigue after 16 years, and He will do the same for you. Trust and have faith.

You're in my prayers. Hugs.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, dear Royals. I know your queen is absent a lot these days, much like all of you. I'm trying to get back into playing in the castle, but I'm struggling with it. Too many outside things interfering with my time and attention. Come back and say hi, share some coffee and a piece of pie. I'll try to frequent the halls more often.

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, my queen.

I am admittedly surprised to learn that the royal physician is inundated with patients suffering from a virus associated with (shudder) the 21st century. I had contentedly operated under the romantic notion that here in the castle the worst we might see, plague-wise, would be an occasional bout of Yersinia pestis (and I've got a potion for that.)

As to your cardiac arrhythmias, have you considered draining the humor? I understand this procedure is particularly efficacious when Jupiter is ascendant.

Your loyal subject,
Woolly Bear

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lady Woolly Bear,

I believe you will find no chance of plague of the bubonic kind coming close to the Castle. All vermin have been irradicated and there is constant vigilance to make sure none take up residence. Now pneumonic plague, that is a different creature. But if a visitor were presenting such symptoms they would be immediately quarantined and treated. So I think it's pretty safe.

I do not believe in bleeding. It is unpleasant and I intend to keep all the blood I currently have in my veins, thank you very much. Hang Jupiter's ascension.

I have had the staff make up a suite of rooms for you. There is coffee and other beverages available at all hours in the dining hall. If you are hungry, we have a top notch chef who will delighted to prepare dishes for you. Just pull the rope in your room or in the dining hall and someone will be right with you.

Enjoy your stay. We have an extensive stables as well as gardens, forests and lakes. Feel free to explore. Perhaps you will decide you want to stay. Have you ever been queen? Hmmm?

Reactions: SWest

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and Forthail gentle Majesty and Royals!

I have survived the dungeons and have returned to my royal seat as Bard Daniel.

I hope you are all well and thriving! I am well, thank you from the dungeons!

Wellmet and Forthail!

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a cardiac ablation scheduled for Thursday. If they do not cancel it again for lack of hospital beds due to Covid, then I'll be out for a bit until I recover enough to be on my computer again. I have a bad back and being on the table in surgery for 4-6 hrs and then unable to move off of my back in recovery until the evening of the next day messes a great deal with it. I have neither muscle relaxers or pain meds once I get home from the hospital, so it is an ordeal for awhile.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed this ablation cures my AFib and Tachycardia. This is the last ablation they will do to try to resolve it. I'll let you all know when I am back. Keep the castle in one piece, k? ;)

• Hug
Reactions: Snitchcat and SWest

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The ablation went well. I just got back from a followup appointment with my cardiologist. He said that he was so happy I was still in a stable rhythm, that it gave him great hope that this ablation fixed the problem.

I did find out I'm in heart failure, with about 35% capacity. But if my rhythm holds, if the ablation cured the AFib, then I will be able to work on strengthening the heart later. He has me on meds to help with the heart failure. Two months and we shall see where we are at.

I'm still recovering from the ablation, so I'm not going to be very active until I feel more like being online. But things are improving and I am very happy about that. :)

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Castle is oh so quiet. I am thinking of giving the staff a vacation and exploring the countryside. I hope everyone is well and happy. Let me know you are, Royals.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm yawning in the fire pit. Otherwise busyness elsewhere is keeping me from the castle. How are you, my Queen?

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am behaving myself, Princess Snitchcat. Or at least trying to behave myself. I am still having some chest pain from time to time. I guess it takes time for the heart to heal after being burned and frozen. But my heart rhythm is staying regular and that is the first time in years that that has happened. I have great hope that when I see my cardiologist in January that he will have a huge smile. I hope he will also have suggestions for strengthening my heart. He said he would if I stayed in rhythm. So, fingers crossed.

I am trying to get back to writing. I am not beating myself up about not getting things done as I have in the past, though. I realize (finally) that I have been fairly ill. So a little at a time is the way to get things done. I am being patient with me.

I was watching a show on tv and this man and woman went on a first date, on horse back. I thought that a perfect first date. I'm envious. :D

• Hug

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Royals! I have been entertained this morning.

I read a thread about a person's location showing up on Google maps. Now I thought that odd because to my knowledge that has never happened before. So I checked mine. Sure enough there is a link and that link takes me to a golf course over in the U.K. somewhere. At least it is a pretty picture. Snitchcat, you are in Houston, TX. But I absolutely loved Sir Brad's location! "Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ..." shows a map of the entire state of Texas. I about fell out of my chair laughing. (Yes, I get my entertainment where I can find it. ;) )

I hope you all have a laugh today. :)

• Haha

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Houston? ROFL! I have never been there, but ok. ^_^

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
The speed makes my head spin.... :p Else, it goes well. :)

And for you, my queen?
How are you feeling? How is your heart?

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My heart is holding steady. No arrythmia at the moment. Fingers crossed it continues to beat steadily. I have a bit more energy than I had before the ablation. Not a lot, but some. I am hopeful, Princess Snitchcat. I see my cardiologist in January. We shall see what he says then.

• Hug