Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings, my Queen, dear Royals!

It has been a while since this dragon has appeared here. I'm in a bit of a rush, though: must get back to work soon, but a tea break is most welcome and it is lovely to see you all in the castle again.

I shall be in and out, mostly out, again.

It seems that everyone is doing well. That is good! I am happy to hear this. :) My world has been very topsy turvy and incredibly story-like for all the betrayals, gossip, and break ups that normally fit in a long tale of vilification, courage, and overcoming the stupidity that is secondary school playground idiocy by apparent adults. I shan't say more than that, otherwise this will become a tirade.

Anyhow!

I wish I could own horses, too! Love them so much! Used to go camping way back when with the family, and I always road a gorgeous mare called Sandy. She was the most even-tempered, understanding equine a kid like me could have asked for. I loved her. And she loved me. It was always saddening to leave, but I'd be back. Alas, no more. That was so long ago now. But 'tis one of my happier memories.

*changes to kitty form to huggle the royal horses in the royal stables*

Hope everyone is staying warm!

Catch you all later! *hugs*

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, dear Royals.

Princess Snitchcat! *Tackle Hugs* (while you are in cat form) ;)
I welcome tirades if a tirade is what you need to bring yourself back to an even keel. I'll always listen. In addition to having fresh coffee on hand, your favorite tea will always be at the ready. :)
I'm glad you found your way back home and I hope despite the interference of the A.R.o.R.L. that you will find your way with more frequency. :Hug2:

See? A theme. ;) (you really should have expected that from me :roll:)

Yes, Dungeon Mistress Wicked. I really should have. :ROFL:

Have a lovely Monday, everyone. I will try to get back later. Right now my coffee is almost done and I must have a cup (or pot) of it. :e2coffee:

(Did we lose strike through?)

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Snitchcat is the ultimate dragon!!!

*HUGS*

Dear Queen. Let us meet with smiles in the morn.

A tea for me, a coffee for you. :)

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Snitchcat! Hi. :hooray:

I was trying to think of some witty banter for today, but my brain is too scattered. It's preoccupied going through mental check lists for the week.
The youngest wickedling will be taking care of my considerable chores while we are off to fetch hubby's steed. I've considered asking her brothers to help, but that's one in three odds on whether she'll get help, or just get "supervised".

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Princess Wicked, which chores do the lads dislike the most? Perhaps you could tell them if you hear of any "supervising" they would be assigned those chores for the month? Whatever threats work best. :greenie

It is beautiful today. Piercing blue skies. The sun coming up and highlighting the tops of the trees. I'm not even opposed to the view of the frost blanketing the ground since I don't have to go out in it. It is still and quiet with the only sounds besides the click of my keyboard keys being the tick of the clock keeping time to the dog's snores. Lovely morning. I hope each of you is having a lovely morning, too.

Coffee's done. Time to have some. Enjoy your day, everyone. :)

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Daniel. :hi:

Good morning, your Majesty.

My lads are 22, 25, and 29. Threats such as, "If you don't help your sister, you're grounded. You'll go straight back to your apartment after work. There will be no drinking with your friends, or hooking up on Tinder," don't really work. :ROFL:

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Afternoon, dear Royals.

Since it's so quiet around the halls, I'll leave you with a horse story.

We have a 28 year old red roan Mustang we call Old Red. He's got a sweet face, and barely stands 14hands. On the ground he's a well mannered sweet talker, who practically invites you to get on his back.
If you are fool enough to take this invitation, you'd better be ready to ride.

The first time I got on him (21 years ago), I'd had him a couple weeks. He was sweet, he was calm. I thought, "You know what, I'll just hop up on his back here in the corral, and feel him out". No bridle. No saddle.
I jumped up there. He stood nice. For a minute. Then I saw his ears swivel, and underneath me I could feel every muscle tense up. Before I could finish saying, "Oh shi-", we were airborne.
All four feet, straight up.
One, two, three jumps, and I was in the dirt.

He thought he was pretty funny.

When I was young, he was a blast to ride. Now days? I don't have the energy for his shenanigans. He's in full retirement. The only time anyone hops on him is usually the result of a dare, and they don't last longs. He's an old man, but he can still spin on a dime and give you change.
Ornery old thing. :roll: I love him, he's the best.

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds a lot like Coco. He would do a buck buck-rear-buck buck-rear when he was feeling particularly ornery. I managed to stay on him, but it was not a particular fun ride when he did that. The only time I got off him was when I was riding along the road and he took the bit in his mouth. We were in danger from the traffic so I jumped off his back and pulled down on the reins to get the bit back in place and stop him. He didn't like it, but he lived through that moment. And so did I.

I would never have gotten on his back without a bridle. Lord knows where we would have wound up.

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I hope everyone is having a fantastic Friday. There is a front that will be coming through in my part of the Realm today. It will bring rain and a small drop in temps. It is a good thing that I like rain because it looks like we are in for more than a bit of it. :greenie

I want to share an article that I came across Wednesday. It is from a doctor who had her three sons join her for Thanksgiving. It is quite the eye opener, I think.

What Happened When Our Family Attempted a Covid Safe Thanksgiving

Have a great day, everyone. I'm off for more coffee.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, Royals.

Princess Snitchcat, the link showed me a page that said the content wasn't available.

I hope everyone has a lovely Saturday. I'm going to be busy cleaning for people who are coming in 6 days who I don't want here. Unfortunately I live with my brother and sister-in-law and I don't have a say in who comes to visit them. During a pandemic when the experts say stay home, her daughter and family are coming. I will haunt all of them if I catch Covid and die.

I am reading an excellent book at the moment by Terry Pratchett--Snuff. I love his writing and his Disc World. Such genius. Such a tragedy that he is no longer with us.

Have a fantastic Saturday, Royals. May all your adventures be entertaining and fun.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The link also does not work for me, Dragon KittyKat! :(

I've always heard good things about Disc World. Maybe I should try? :)

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
The link also does not work for me, Dragon KittyKat! :(

I've always heard good things about Disc World. Maybe I should try? :)

Yes, do!

A good one to ease into the Discworld with is "Mort".

Or, if you want something related to the post office (UK mainly), "Going Postal".

A bit more contemporary, perhaps related to the industrial revolution, "Steam".

And for a satirical take on Phantom of the Opera, "Masquerade".

If you want to read a "take the piss" out of the police, start with "Guards! Guards!", then follow Sam Vimes on his capers. (This is really about the British police, bit the commentary is international enough to apply to police all over the world.)

All the Discworld books are a version of Earth's reality; they're laugh aloud hilarious but contain a tonne of commentary and very dry, wry, British humour and wit.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Princess Snitchcat, I can see the tree and ornament in this link. Nice! :)

Prince Daniel, yes you should read anything Terry Pratchett. He was a great writer. His Disc World novels are some of the best I've ever read. It doesn't matter what country you live in, either. Anyone can enjoy his works.

Terry Pratchett books

Have a great Sunday everyone. It's time for coffee. :)

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Good afternoon, Your Highness, and Royals,

Princess Snitchcat, your ornament is beautiful and creative - such talent - did you make it? Great to see you about, and I trust this means more Royals will make an appearance.

Your Highness, I've never read a Terry Pratchett book, perhaps I should enlarge my literary knowledge, though I've been thinking of visiting my Complete Works of Shakespeare. It's hard to beat the bard once you can wrap your mind around the tale he's telling.

We finished up a couple more CONO landscaping projects before the weather cooled, and I believe that's the last of them this year since we managed to spend all the money in our budget, in spite of the bug running around. I've also successfully completed all the chores on my client to-do list for the year (though there are still three walls out there folks are wanting bids on - we'll see), so I'm officially going back into hibernation mode. I spent two days in my garage and made a small dent in those things hanging around out there.

There's much for me to do this winter, and I pray we all can make progress in every level that pertains to growth.

Have a great week, one and all!

Wicked, I killed no spiders this week, though I did remove some cobwebs in the basement - an area needing addressed this winter. I did say that critters found in the house are on my extinction list.

P.S. - I just found a spider that appeared to have died from natural causes - I gave it an appropriate burial.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Sir Brad, I highly recommend Terry Pratchett. As long as you have a sense of humour, of course. ;)

Have a wonderful Monday, dear Royals. In the A.R.o.R.L. I will be cleaning for expected guests. Guests who should stay home, oh yes they should. Sigh.

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings, dear Royals.

How fares the castle?

Lovely ornament, Snitchcat. :D

Good to hear you are being good to my spideys, Knight Errant.

I have returned safely from our trip across the plague lands. Things went well, with the exception that my wickedling did end up getting stuck doing everything herself. We brought her salt water taffy and chocolates as compensation. There will probably be a monetary bonus as well.

Our timing was perfect. All the bad weather ended up being behind us, or far enough ahead that the roads were clear by the time we got there. Got the horse home safe and sound. It was a good trip, with only occasional moments of boredom.

Somewhere between Rawlins and Rock Springs, and the endless brown landscape of sage and scrub, I said to my husband, "You know, if you got a brown carpet, you could dump a body out here and no one would ever find it."

He looked at me sideways for a second. "The fact that that is what you're thinking about right now has me a little concerned."

"What? You don't look out at this, and think, 'body disposal'?"

"No. I think I'm glad I'm too big for you to lift."

Last edited: