Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Snitchat: You are an artist at making ornaments. I really enjoyed your little sparkley!

Ambrosia: I REALLY could use some inventive fantasy. I will explore and, hopefully soon, have some gold pieces to purchase said yarn(s)! (I REALLY like that you can start them in any order! :D)

Sir Brad: I LOVE Shakespeare. I have his Complete Works on my shelf and am thinking of re-reading too. The Bard, yes. I am glad you are denting your chores and getting stuff done. I hope you take due time to relax too, dear Knight.

Ambrosia: Try to keep safe, dear Duchess Queen. You are important.

Princess Wicked: The castle is faring well. I am glad your trip across the "BADLANDS" (Cue the Springsteen song- La dee dee da da da DA DA!) went well and that you are safely and in good spirits. That is too bad you had to do it all yourself. Bodies? Hahahahahah. Watch out world! :D

Daniel le Bard: I am off to fetch a McGriddle and coffee combo- with the potential for extra hash brown (with my Dad.)

I wish you the best, dear Queen and Castle Royals!

Ambrosia

Queen of the Realm
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How fares the castle?

It fares mostly quietly.

I have returned safely from our trip across the plague lands.
I'm very glad you have returned home safely and that your trip was smooth and uneventful. Best type of trips at this time of year. :)

Somewhere between Rawlins and Rock Springs, and the endless brown landscape of sage and scrub, I said to my husband, "You know, if you got a brown carpet, you could dump a body out here and no one would ever find it."

He looked at me sideways for a second. "The fact that that is what you're thinking about right now has me a little concerned."

"What? You don't look out at this, and think, 'body disposal'?"

"No. I think I'm glad I'm too big for you to lift."

:ROFL: I read somewhere on FB recently a couple writers talking about how to dispose of bodies. One writer suggested burying the body and planting endangered plants over it. That way it would be illegal to dig it up. I thought that was a brilliant thought. :D
Your husband is very funny. Great story.

How's your new equine acquisition doing?

Have a great day, everyone. Coffee time.

Ambrosia

Queen of the Realm
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, dear Royals.

I hope your hump day is going well. I have the headache. So this is a short hello. Now I'm retiring to my suites.

Later.

Ambrosia

Queen of the Realm
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Sinuses are stupid. I won't say they are the worst invention in creation, but seriously. I am again saying a brief hello before retiring with a headache. Have a good day, everyone.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Sinuses are stupid. I won't say they are the worst invention in creation, but seriously. I am again saying a brief hello before retiring with a headache. Have a good day, everyone.

I also have bad sinus', my Queen. Always with the snifflin' and the so forth.

Royals, My Queen, I wish you great tidings upon this frigid day. It is very cold and I've been napping. I must awake. : )

Ambrosia

Queen of the Realm
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, my dear Royals.

Prince Daniel, I think cold days are great for curling up under warm blankets and napping. Are you getting snow? It is cold here without the accompanying snow. It will warm up some in the day and then the temps will go back down. We are forecast to have a warm day coming though before the bottom falls out again. I'm looking forward to it. :)

As far as sinuses go, I sneeze, I cough, my face feels like someone is sitting on it, and I get headaches when the sinuses are really bad. I actually had to return to bed at one point because the headache was unbearable. It rots.

I hope everyone is having a fabulous Friday. Have fun, whatever you get up to today.

Ta ta!

Ambrosia

Queen of the Realm
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings, dear Royals.

I currently have company, so I am absent from these halls. Just wanted to pop in and say I haven't forgotten you.

Have a lovely Sunday.

Ta ta!

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello Queen Ambrosia and Assorted Royals!

I have a cold. My nose is doing funky things. But enough on that.

Yes, Amborisa, we are seeing snow. It is cold here too, but the weather is being odd. On and off sort of deal.

I hope everyone is having a good time. I am debating which meal to make with my father today. We are maybe thinking Lasagna but I do not think that with my sinus' that all the cheese, which I adore, is maybe a good idea. Yet, we will see.

Ambrosia

Queen of the Realm
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Bard Daniel, perhaps a spicy chicken soup or chili or other type of spicy soup would better serve your sinuses.

Did anyone else see the Christmas Star last night? My brother and I went driving around to try to see it. We believe we did see it a couple times, but there were no safe places for us to pull over and park the truck and get out to observe it. Which is a shame. But at least I saw it.

Have a lovely Tuesday, everyone.

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Good evening, Your Highness, Daniel, and all the Royals,

Yes, Oh Queen, I saw the conjunction of planets the other night. I had to travel all the way to....ummm... turn around and look out the sliding glass doors to the deck. I didn't take the time to set up one of my telescopes (in hindsight I kinda wish I woulda), but I did have a good pair of binoculars that I used. Jupiter was big and bright, and off to it's right Saturn showed itself, though fainter by far. I first glimpsed them through a double-trunked tree in the yard behind. As time went on they moved out into the open, but were still quite visible. It was a cool sight, and I'm thankful no clouds obscured the visit. A friend of mine was in Florida with her daughter and said they drove out of town and still couldn't see much because high clouds were messing up the view. I count myself as blessed that I could view the conjunction from the comfort of my computer room and didn't have to get dressed up and drive around. Have I mentioned God is good? Well, He is. :)

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and the TV director at church called and said the youth pastor wants us to film the candlelight service for our Facebook feed. I told him I'd be happy to man one of the cameras to record the service. The candlelight service is always a time of joy and reflection on what it is we're celebrating at Christmas. We end the service by turning out all the lights, and then the pastor lights a single candle. He then lights a candle held by someone else, where the flame is passed on to others until every candle held by all present is lit and the lights combine to light the sanctuary. It's always a humbling moment, and a service I thoroughly enjoy.

I pray you all have a very Merry Christmas, and may the coming year bring hope, health, and prosperity to us all.

Merry Christmas!

Ambrosia

Queen of the Realm
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Merry Christmas Eve, dear Royals.

Sir Brad, that service does sound truly beautiful. I hope you enjoyed it.

Beanie5

Live a poem...Or die a fool. \/
Registered
Reaction score
Merry Xmas everyone!

Ambrosia

Queen of the Realm
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays!

May each of you have a most blessed day.

(Oh, and 2020 is almost over! It won't be long now! Celebrate!)

Ambrosia

Queen of the Realm
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lord Beanie, a very merry Christmas to you too. It is so good to see you in the Castle. I trust your Christmas is going well?

Don't be a stranger. :)

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, dear Royals, my Queen, glorious Bard, incredible Knight Errant, wonderful Dungeon Mistress!

Ambrosia

Queen of the Realm
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I trust everyone who celebrates Christmas had a wonderful day. I trust everyone who celebrates anything at this time of year had a great holiday. New Years is coming up. Stay sane as the days tick down to 2021. Stay safe. Patience everyone.

So, if you got presents, what did you get? I got a romance novel, an amethyst, and a new phone. The phone is quite timely because my current one is getting intermittent black screens. Now all I have to do is set up and transfer the information from the old phone to the new phone. "All". :roll: I am not phone savvy at all. I use them sparsely. It will be an adventure.

Have a lovely Saturday, Royals.

Ambrosia

Queen of the Realm
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

How is everyone doing on this wonderful Monday? I am having the last cup of coffee this morning. I am grateful for having coffee with half and half. It is such a wonderful taste combination. What are you grateful for?

Off to enjoy this final cup of coffee for the day. Have fun everyone. :hi:

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am grateful for the forum and good ol' Neocitran.

Oh and my little Poochie that I affectionately call Mr. Poopies. : D

How fare ye, Queen Ambrosia? How fare ye, other castle Royals?

Ambrosia

Queen of the Realm
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Prince Daniel, you have never spoken of Mr. Poopies before. Is that the actual name or a nickname? What's the breed?

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings, Your Majesty and Royals,

Your Highness, I trust you've solved the complexities of a phone that is smart. Tis a chore. My phone company has often championed me getting a 'smart' phone, but I always decline and tell them my older and reliable 'flip phone' serves its purpose - I can talk to folks - and when necessary text. Though texting is a chore since I use number buttons to yak. I'd rather save my internet connectivity for my desk top computer or laptop - thank you very much.

The Christmas candle light service was wonderful and moving, as I knew it would be. Being on camera didn't take away any of the splendor of the occasion. T'was a Holy Night.

I'm settling in to hibernation mode, though I need to apply myself to things that need done around here. So far I've dragged my heels at pursuing projects (writing is one of those), and getting passionate about them is on my to-do list for the new year. It's hard to believe another year is upon us, but I'm looking forward to it. It will be even better than this last year, and this last year went very well for me in spite of the slings and arrows of life.

I trust the coming year will find us all healthy, productive, and blessed.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Prince Daniel, you have never spoken of Mr. Poopies before. Is that the actual name or a nickname? What's the breed?

Grand Queen, it's nickname I have for him. Another is Poochie. He's a good boy: a Terrier mix!

https://ibb.co/SNTjxgV

Sir. Brad, I am glad you had a wonderful evening. That is splendid!

To the other Royals: Hail! :D

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I dusted off a couple of posts from past New Years, and since they are still relevant in many ways, here they are -

Happy New Year!

_011111tunatossfireworks.jpg

'Auld lang syne', which means 'old long-since' or 'old long-ago'.
Auld Lang Syne - Dougie MacLean
MacLean's lyrics are sung in the Scottish tradition and since the lyrics are written with the song, I'll post an English version below -

English version -
Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind ?
Should old acquaintance be forgot,
and days of old lang syne ?
CHORUS:
For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we'll take a cup of kindness yet,
for days of auld lang syne.
And surely you'll buy your pint cup !
and surely I'll buy mine !
And we'll take a cup o' kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
CHORUS
We two have run about the slopes,
and picked the daisies fine ;
But we've wandered many a weary foot,
since days of auld lang syne.
CHORUS
We two have paddled in the stream,
from morning sun till dine ;
But seas between us broad have roared
since auld lang syne.
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And auld lang syne?
Chorus:
For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne.
We'll take a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.
Scottish version as written down by the poet Robert Burns -
Robert Burns sent a copy of the original song to the British Museum with this comment: "The following song, an old song, of the olden times, and which has never been in print, nor even in manuscript until I took it down from an old man's singing , is enough to recommend any air." (Gavin Grieg: "Last Leaves of Traditional Ballads") He set it to a traditional Scottish air that is quite different than the popularized version.
Throughout the English-speaking world, Auld Lang Syne is traditionally sung on New Years Eve (known as Hogmanay in Scotland). That tradition does not hearken back to Burns but rather only to Canadian band leader Guy Lombardo who sang at midnight January 1, 1929 in the Roosevelt Hotel in New York City. Guy Lombardo's orchestra played the song every New Years Eve, in live broadcast from New York, until 1976. Since then, their recording has been played each year as part of the Times Square "ball drop."

And surely ye'll be your pint-stowp!
And surely I'll be mine!
And we'll take a cup o' kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.
We twa hae run about the braes
And pou'd the gowans fine.
We've wandered mony a weary foot,
Sin' auld lang syne.
We twa hae sported i' the burn,
From morning sun till dine,
But seas between us braid hae roared
Sin' auld lang syne.