• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.
  • U.S. members: The Federal Government is offering each household in the United States four (4) free at-home Covid-19 test kits. https://www.covidtests.gov/

[Publisher] Tyrus Books

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Daddyo

been around a while
Registered
Reaction score
I've read more than a few Tyrus titles and have always enjoyed reading the authors that have signed with them. I'm looking forward to your release, Steve. Your stuff is in good hands...I do believe.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any more info on these guys? Does anyone know if they take YA submissions? Pay advances?

stevewed

Aspiring Reader
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steveweddle.com
Nice write-up today on Tyrus Books in Publishers Weekly:

Tyrus Books Moves Beyond Crime

Although Tyrus is diversifying, LeRoy said that in doing so, the press continues to fulfill its mission. “It’s never been about CSI or clever detectives; it’s more about what makes us all human. I don’t need there to be a crime,” LeRoy explained. At the moment, he has at least one noncrime novel planned for 2014. There are, to date, approximately 60 Tyrus titles in print; a number of Tyrus backlist titles were originally published by LeRoy’s previous publishing venture, Bleak House.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Good article, Steve. I tried to find out if they accept YA submissions, but couldn't find it. Would you or anyone else know off hand if they do?

stevewed

Aspiring Reader
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steveweddle.com
Good article, Steve. I tried to find out if they accept YA submissions, but couldn't find it. Would you or anyone else know off hand if they do?

While I don't think they're looking for the "next Harry Potter" or anything like that, I don't think they have any prohibitions against YA. Heck, I'm not even sure that any of us even know what YA is anymore, right?

As they say in the article, they're looking for -- "more about what makes us all human."

Of course, I'm not speaking for anyone other than myself. That's just my take on it as a non-expert.

Either way, good luck on it, wherever the book lands.

Undercover

I got it covered
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so much, Steve. I was perusing the books there and think I saw one with a young male MC, so that shows promise that they're willing to accept younger characters.

BUT they are a division of F+W Media which already has a YA imprint (Merit Press) and I have also tried already and it wasn't a good fit...so I'm not sure how that works.

Would you happen to know if they pay advances?

Congrats too btw.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com

Alcasgra

Registered
Reaction score
It is still closed to submissions though...

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
FYI, announced today they're closing shop entirely (Twitter). Their 2017 titles will be published under the Gallery imprint.

Last edited:

Elizabeth George's book Write Away