• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Publisher] ibooks

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Betty W01

Empress of Cyberworld
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the process of reviewing a book by Bill Crider that was published by www.ibooks.net and distributed by Simon & Schuster, according to the title page. However, the book (We'll always Have Murder) isn't in S&S's catalog, Crider doesn't appear as an S&S author, and I can't find a thing on ibooks on the web. Is it/ was it a vanity press or POD house? Does anyone know or do you have any suggestions for finding out online (besides writing Crider, which I'd rather not do right now)? It's a good book and I'd like to recommend it, but I need to know more about the house and the book's availability first. Thanks.

JerseyGirl1962

I heart Malamutes! :-)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Betty W01 said:
I'm in the process of reviewing a book by Bill Crider that was published by www.ibooks.net and distributed by Simon & Schuster, according to the title page. However, the book (We'll always Have Murder) isn't in S&S's catalog, Crider doesn't appear as an S&S author, and I can't find a thing on ibooks on the web. Is it/ was it a vanity press or POD house? Does anyone know or do you have any suggestions for finding out online (besides writing Crider, which I'd rather not do right now)? It's a good book and I'd like to recommend it, but I need to know more about the house and the book's availability first. Thanks.

Is this the iBooks you're talking about? Seems they filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, due to the death of their founder:

http://www.komikwerks.com/news.php?ar=498

BTW, the website you cite above says it was recently acquired by pool.com.

~Nancy

Betty W01

Empress of Cyberworld
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Jim. I couldn't find anything on the link you posted, but I did get an answer to my question - don't bother to review this book. Too bad, it's a pretty decent yarn.

Happy Thanksgiving

Autumn image for Thanksgiving