• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Publisher and Literary Agency Hit List: Who Not to Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

eqb

I write novels
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.claireodell.com
I agree that PA and Fletcher place high in the list the top scammers, but Dixie is merely a gormless idiot, not a scammer. There are other genuine bad guys who deserve a higher spot in the worst agent/publisher list.

Also, if you know the author, tell them to double-check their spelling of Jim's last name.

entropic island

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I am the author, sorry about that. I'll revise it in the morning, as I'm about to get off, sorry. I just posted this here 'cause I thought it might be helpful.

...It does miss some, but I tried to hit not necessarily the WORST (well, that too) but also a wide variety. From; IDIOT, SCAMMER, PA.

frandavea

Registered
Reaction score
You'd think this list would be a little bigger.

Actually, a lot bigger.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
Yeah. The guy from Dixie is himself as much of a victim of the bad info that's floating around teh intratubez as anything else.

And guys like him are way-common, too. Same old story: Writer can't get agent. Writer becomes agent, to help other writers like himself who can't get agent. Add six months or a year, ends in tears and recriminations. Repeat with new author who can't get agent....

entropic island

Registered
Reaction score
I restored it, but added a sympathy line for Dixie. I feel the article is important for aspiring writers to know.

AC Crispin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.accrispin.com
Hi. I left you a comment for you to read. Feel free to keep it between ourselves and not posted.

But it gives you information I feel you should know. I realize your heart is in the right place, but what you've done with this site exposes you to risk, and you should be aware of it.

-Ann C. Crispin
Chair, Writer Beware
www.writerbeware.com

Status
Not open for further replies.