• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Promotion] Odyl / Riffle

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
http://odyl.net/

Can anyone detect that this is anything more than glorified Facebook promotion? Exactly how Odyl partners with the Big Six, and who pays? They appear to be skilled and clever, but I don't see anything really new.

Susan Coffin

Tell it like it Is
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.strokingthepen.com
Miss Plum, look like an advertisement to lure people over to their FB page. You put in your email and they send you information, which I would not do. You click on the picture and it takes you to their "like" page on Facebook.

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
Here's an article about the business from Publishers Weekly.

"Partners with" is press-release speak for "currently has a contract to provide services to."

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks, ICE. It still looks to me like Facebook geeks who do your page for you.

IceCreamEmpress

Hapless Virago
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, ICE. It still looks to me like Facebook geeks who do your page for you.

Oh, yes, that is the impression I get as well (well, do your page for you and also scout for potential fans). Though you're right that the verbiage on their site is a little more grandiose than what they actually seem to do.

As always, if anyone here is planning to work with these (or any) contracted providers of services, take your due diligence beyond just checking their websites; ask for references from other clients that you can follow up independently (rather than testimonials).

On the upside to them, they've done a good job of getting press for a new company, and the website looks attractive.

Last edited:

Marquina

Registered
Reaction score
Odyl - What we do

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to answer a few inquiries about our company.

The Odyl platform (A content creation platform, similar in some ways to Wordpress or Blogger, but for FB) is a tool used to create Facebook Applications such as Exclusive Book Excerpts, Virtual Gifts, Polls, Quizzes, Giveaways, etc.

Authors and book marketers can easily create content without knowing how to write Facebook markup language (FBML), HTML or CSS.

The Odyl platform is in use by publishers including: Random House, HarperCollins, Penguin, Rodale, Simon & Schuster, Workman, J Wiley, and Hachette.

Some exemplary authors on the platform are: Janet Evanovich, Brett Easton Ellis, Sophie Kinsella, James Rollins, Lee Child, Jennifer Weiner, Michael Connelly, Diana Gabaldon, Suze Orman, Jay-Z, Katie Couric, Brad Thor, Jeff Lindsay, Kelley Armstrong, Dr. Seuss, Ann Brashares, Steve Berry, and Red Green.

I'd love to show you a demo. If you fill out the inquiry for on the odyl.net website, I'll get back to you as soon as I can. We get a lot of inquiries!

Have a great day.

Best,
Marquina

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
OT: Isn't Dr. Seuss dead? (Not a criticism, just...strange to see him in a list of currently posting FB accounts.)

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Has added Riffle, a social media element a la Goodreads. (http://www.rifflebooks.com/) PW write-up here.

ETA: Odyl site down mid '16. Riffle continues.

Last edited: