Promoting online comic cartoons

bunny hugger

Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
In the last few weeks my Facebook comic page finally ticked up from a few dozen to a few hundred followers. This makes me feel like their might be an audience for my daily dog cartoons? I wonder if anyone has ideas about how to try and promote it a little further. My goal is to get it to a few 1000 and try out the more popular cartoons on merch.

ChaseJxyz

Writes 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 and 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 accessories
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chasej.xyz
Where are you posting it, besides Facebook? Most comics I know are posting on Twitter, Tumblr, DeviantArt, speciality sites (like FurAffinity, if it's the kind of comics furries are into), as well as their own website, which makes it easy for people to stick it into their RSS readers.

If you're ONLY posting on Facebook, you are losing out on a ton of eyeballs.

bunny hugger

Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I am also using Instagram. I was using Twitter but dropped it as it wasn't getting much pickup and I am not fond of the direction its is going generally.

I am uploading at least once a day on two platforms (formerly three) and for a year pretty much zero response outside of family and friends -- so right now I am trying to focus on the one platform that is picking up, but also putting it on Insta just in case. Just posting has not created eyeballs until now. And even now it is less than 400 followers. Just enough to think there is an audience out there if I can work out how to connect to it.

My Facebook audience so far is exactly right for good merchandising -- mainly older age groups of US women with strong pet interests. That's pretty much who I am too, and working full time so I am being strategic on the time I spend on it. If I am just doing it for fun 2 platforms is enough so long as they are appropriate ones.

I am on deviant art but don't think it fits this kind of thing and is also a bit of a wasteland since the AI arguments got heated and a lot of people stopped visiting.

I have used Tumblr and Pinterest occasionally but again didn't seem to get much response so de-prioritsed them.

If there are other platforms that might be easier to find an audience for this, I would totally be interested in trying them out!