• We’re running on a new server at a new host with a new forum software called XenForo. Some things are different. Some things may not work as expected. I am working on it as fast as I can. Please be patient. Please read this post.
  • I'm going to be working on the forums for a while. Things may be wonky. I may turn the forums off without notice. Consider this a bit of a public beta test as we figure out the new software and make adjustments. But you've been much missed, and we can't wait to see you again!

Playwriting Challenge - can you write a play a day throughout February?

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

TheLiteralChallenge

Registered
Reaction score
Submission deadline January 28, 2021

28 Plays Later

Back for a seventh year, 28 Plays Later, a writing opportunity from The Literal Challenge - a social enterprise that brings together a community of writers, wannabe writers and newbies through creative challenges. Over the last six Februarys, 28 Plays Later has inspired the writing of 33,202 plays!

Some of those plays were never read again, others have gone onto great things, including professional runs at theatres, readings, festivals, recordings and adaptation into films. Every day, you’ll get a writing brief, then you’ll have 36 hours to write a play in response. Plays can be of any length, genre and language.

Do note: In response to the effect Covid has had on our industry, we continue to offer our challenges on a commit-what-you-can basis, so everybody is welcome, and no financial obligation is required.

Registrations are now open through the website
www.theliteralchallenge.com/28playslater and will be open until 28 January.

There are two types of entry:

TIMED ENTRY – all plays must be submitted by the daily deadline, and for those who also wish to contribute to the pot, as per the rules, the money will be distributed between all those who didn’t miss a deadline (minus admin fees).
CREATIVE ENTRY - if you don't fancy the stress of the deadlines, you can choose to join the challenge and deliver as many submissions, whenever you like.

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Many thanks and have a fantastic day,
Alex (The Literal Challenge)
https://www.theliteralchallenge.com

Maryn

Staying Home Forever
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A friend in my long-time writing group did this last year, with misgivings because it was also a busy time at work, and found she not only succeeded but enjoyed it thoroughly. So anyone who's waffling, give it a shot.

Maryn, missing live theatre