• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Peter Lampack Agency, Inc.

editing_for_authors
Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
As absurd as the whole thing sounds, the jury in the Cussler suit did find for the plaintiff.

I'd be concerned about the potential impact of the suit on the operations of the agency. A lawsuit is expensive, time consuming, and potentially very destructive. The plaintiff may or may not prevail against Lampack, but I think that I might want put any submissions to these guys on hold till the whole thing was resolved.

- Victoria

HNaro

Registered
Reaction score
Peter Lampack Agency

Has anybody queried this agency with fiction? Under submissions, they request a cover letter, author bio, and 1-2 page synopsis. Their home page refers to receiving queries though. Given that they also handle non-fiction, is a query letter plus synopsis acceptable for a novel?

DMcCunney

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on this agency? I did a search, but could not turn up anything, and the link in the index seems to be broken. (At least on my end)

https://www.peterlampackagency.com/
What browser are you using? It resolves fine here using Firefox Quantum 64 bit under Windows 10 Pro

Contact info is:
Peter Lampack Agency, Inc.
The Empire State Building
350 Fifth Avenue, Suite 5300
New York, NY 10118

t: 212-687-9106
f: 212-687-9109

General Inquiries and Submissions:
Andrew Lampack
[email protected]

He started in the mailroom at the William Morris agency, then worked as an agent in TV and later film. He founded his own agency in 1977.

He only accepts email submissions, wants a cover letter, author bio, synopsis and sample chapter. He claims a 6 - 8 week reporting period.

His client list includes Clive Cussler, J. M. Coatzee, Fred Mustard Stewart, Russell Blake and Thomas Kaplan, so I'd say he's legit.
______
Dennis

D.L. Shepherd

Revising, revising, revising...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnaowczarek.com
Thanks so much for your help and taking the time to get all that info for me!

I meant that the link to the thread about their agency in the Absolute Write Index to Agents, Publishers, and Others was broken, and I was trying to see if anyone here had any experience with the them, whether good or bad. I couldn't find much about author's experiences with them with a google search. (Sorry if my above post wasn't clear.)

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
There was indeed some weirdness. I've copied/merged to make a new thread.

Happy Thanksgiving

Autumn image for Thanksgiving