• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Permuted Press

Becca C.

Registered
Reaction score
Just accepted an offer from them to publish my supernatural sci-fi thriller. Excited!

2/3/14 - Queried via website with full manuscript.
2/8/14 - Received offer to publish.

Wow, that's a quick turnaround! Congrats, you must be so excited :)

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Well, this one looked pretty darn good because of the distribution capability, but when I saw the submission form and felt faint and weak in the knees. It's just so damn long and complicated. So, I've put it on the back-burner until I can gather up all the necessary links and insert the tag and blurb lines they're looking for. Uh, what a process. Yet, it is what it is, I guess...

tri

popgun62

Keeper of the pace.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tobytatestories.com
Well, this one looked pretty darn good because of the distribution capability, but when I saw the submission form and felt faint and weak in the knees. It's just so damn long and complicated. So, I've put it on the back-burner until I can gather up all the necessary links and insert the tag and blurb lines they're looking for. Uh, what a process. Yet, it is what it is, I guess...

tri

Hey Tri! I had to go back and look at the form to see what you were talking about. It is kind of long. I guess they want to see who makes it through the gauntlet. But it's not the worst I've seen, by far. Anyway, it's a publisher and not an agent, so at least you know that when you make it through, you're going to be published!

I can tell you from experience that what they really look for, besides good writing, are authors who aren't afraid to get out there and help sell their own books. It's amazing how many authors think the work ends when their book gets published.

haunted

Now is the winter of my discontent.
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to hear about the quick turn around you experienced popgun, and congratulations!

Last edited:

kevinwaynewilliams

Be blunt: I appreciate it
Registered
Reaction score
What kind of response time is Permuted Press giving people these days? I note that the submission form says "it is not uncommon for several months to pass before we are able to review your book" but the automated response letter says "Your submission may be evaluated within as little as a few hours, or as long as several weeks depending on the current submission queue."

popgun62

Keeper of the pace.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tobytatestories.com
What kind of response time is Permuted Press giving people these days? I note that the submission form says "it is not uncommon for several months to pass before we are able to review your book" but the automated response letter says "Your submission may be evaluated within as little as a few hours, or as long as several weeks depending on the current submission queue."

Hi Kevin. They responded to me within a week, but only because I informed them that I had received an offer from another publisher. I think their response time may have slowed down during the transition to the the new ownership, but it has picked back up. They are generally pretty fast, within a couple of weeks from what I've seen in other posts.

D.A Watson

Writer of Wrongs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.co.uk
Just got an email from these guys in the last twenty minutes saying my two novels have been accepted for publication. I've replied, and am now awaiting their follow up email with details of the contract. I'm shaking like a particularly nervous leaf on an anxious tree.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
It was several months for me.

haunted

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Dave!

Last edited:

D.A Watson

Writer of Wrongs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.co.uk
Congrats Dave! Still waiting myself! When did you submit, may I ask?

Hi Haunted. I submitted to them just a week or so ago, but I let them know I had interest from a small publisher here in the UK. Like with Popgun 62 above, they got back to me pretty sharpish knowing that.

haunted

Registered
Reaction score
thanks

Thanks, D. A..

Last edited:

D.A Watson

Writer of Wrongs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.co.uk
Yep, had an offer from Netherworld Books here in the UK. Not a very good offer, but enough to get other publishers interested it seems.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
Does anyone have any information on actual publication times? In their FAQ, it recommends not to submit if you're in any rush to be published, saying that between backlog and timing, it may be between 12 to 24 months for a book to actually be printed. I know it's not an unusual time-frame for traditional publishing practices, but two years still seems like a long time to be under contract before your book even comes out.

JessicaMeigs

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on actual publication times? In their FAQ, it recommends not to submit if you're in any rush to be published, saying that between backlog and timing, it may be between 12 to 24 months for a book to actually be printed. I know it's not an unusual time-frame for traditional publishing practices, but two years still seems like a long time to be under contract before your book even comes out.

It varies, but the way my releases went...

I signed a contract for books 1, 2, and 3 on April 1, 2011.

Book one was released in November 2011 (technically a re-release, since I'd self published that one).

Book two released in August 2012.

Book three released in May 2013.

I've since signed a contract in September 2013 for books 4, 5, and 6.

Book four, I turned in at the end of January. It's being released mid-April 2014. My fifth book isn't due until September 2014, and book six is due March 2015. That said, the original pub date estimate I was given for book four was November 2014, but it got moved up to April. I think there's a lot of factors that go into their release schedules.

kevinwaynewilliams

Be blunt: I appreciate it
Registered
Reaction score
I'm afraid I have, Popgun62. I'm going to try the self-publishing route. I'm certain there is a market for adult horror that stars inner-city children, but I've become convinced it's small enough that I won't find a publisher that is interested in pursuing it.